Dear Coop,
Five years old! Wow. Five is such a milestone. You will start losing teeth this year, start playing baseball and basketball, and go to kindergarten. I can't believe it.
Our family is so blessed to have you. You are the light hearted one. You constantly crack us up with your jokes and funny faces and constant giggling. I love that you find the humor in everything. You are silly and so fun to be around.
This year you started PreK, so you are gone five mornings a week. You are loving it! Your teacher adores you...of course! You are already so ahead of the game in so many ways being a second child. You are reading like a champ, dressing like you are 8 (!), and have more friends than I do! I don't know what to say except you are just with the program.
You also started soccer this year, which was hilarious. You win the "who had the most fun" award. Haha! You weren't the least bit concerned about where the ball was most of the time, but you were sure to keep score with Jack in between goals, and you even scored a few goals!
I love watching you grow and learn, Coop! It's just crazy that you were just a tiny baby yesterday it seems, and now you are wrapping up PreK, playing sports, and looking to attend every social function in Oxford if at all possible!
My most favorite thing about you is your selflessness. Today you and Carter both had a bottle of silly string, and you were both just spraying away and laughing hysterically when all of the sudden Carter's ran out. You immediately said, "Here, Carter, you can use the rest of mine." It's just your natural reaction. It blows me away every time. You share gladly. When one of your friends comes over to play, you try and insist that they go home with one of your toys. You love to feed them, give them treats out of the candy bowl, and offer them every drink in the house. It's your gift. You are selfless and generous.
I am proud of you for how you've grown in self control this year as well as learning to deal with not getting your way and the sin of your siblings against you. One of the greatest things about being a parent is seeing your kids grow in areas that are challenging for them. It's tough to get whacked by your brother and learn not to retaliate. It's super tough to not whine when you don't get your way. I've seen you grow in lots of areas this year, and I'm so proud of you. I know God is working on you, and you are learning. I pray every day for the gift of repentance and faith for you and for Carter and Emerson as well. I pray that you will continue to grow and learn, and that the Holy Spirit will continue to work on you, but most of all I pray you will learn to lean on Jesus in every area of your life, and that you will soon realize He is all you really need.
Some things you love are pajamas, Legos, all things sweet and sugary, juice, going out to eat, Jack and Jayden, Caroline, BB and Pawpaw and visiting their house, Mills, anything and everything Nike and Under Armor, picking out your own clothes, being invited over by friends, Mario, being read to, jumping on the trampoline, swimming, and many more things I am not thinking of I'm sure!
Coop, you rock the middle child role and with charm I might add. You are so happy for your siblings when they achieve something or receive something. It really is crazy how little you think of yourself. I want to be more like you! We love you so much. You are a joy. I couldn't possibly be more proud of you. You are my Coo Coo, my Cokeibo, my Coo Coo Bur, my Bo Bo, and all the other crazy nicknames we have for you. Thank you for being my big hugger and my smiley, happy child. I'm so thankful I get to be your mom.
Love,
Mama
Here's a look back at your year:
No comments:
Post a Comment