Thursday, May 13, 2010

Encouragement

As I said in my last post, I have been in need of encouragement lately, and God has provided it in many ways but mostly through his Word. I don't know how many people read my blog, but I figured we are all in need of encouragement pretty often, so I thought I would share some of the verses that have helped me in case any of you are in need of encouragement.

Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness...For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12: 8-10

The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40: 28-29

For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear: I will help you. Isaiah 41: 13

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-3

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6-7

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. (you are His personal concern)! 1 Peter 5:7

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

He tends His flock lik a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young. Isaiah 40:11

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, 'Abba Father.' Romans 8:15

I hope these bring reassurance and hope any of you who may need it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment