As you can see, my boys are growing like weeds! I can't believe Coop is six weeks old already. Time has flown. Things are going well around here. I must admit it got rough for a while after we realized that Cooper had reflux (poor little guy was miserable!), but thanks to lots of prayers and lots of help from family, things are settling down. The newborn stage is tough! We just knew Coop was going to escape reflux unlike Carter, but thankfully Prevacid works like a charm, and he is doing great. He is not a great napper as of now, but at night he has been sleeping great. Praise the Lord for sleep :)
Carter is doing great too. He has been an excellent big brother, and thanks to a wonderful husband, I am pretty much "off duty" with Carter when Joel gets home at night. They are the biggest buddies! It's nice to have such great help from my hubby and my parents. My mom basically lived here for six weeks, and my dad was so willing to let her come. I am very blessed!
God has been so good to me. Although having a newborn and a toddler has been tough, I can actually say I am thankful for the trials...I have prayed more and drawn closer to God than I have in a very long time. I have gone to scripture and claimed God's promises over and over and over. And He has truly shown his faithfulness. I have felt His presence in a special way, and I love Him more (and have hopefully become more like Him) because of the trials and how He has comforted me and provided for me through them. I have "cast my anxieties upon Him" many times, and He has been faithful to comfort. Praise be to the God of all creation who loves us, provides for us, and makes us His personal concern!
Praise God for his loving kindness, and his promise to never leave us or forsake us. Can't wait to meet Cooper! So excited to see yall soon.
ReplyDelete