Friday, May 17, 2013

The Graduate

Carter graduated from preschool Wednesday, and let me tell you this was a BIG deal for us! Carter is my hesitant, nervous child, so when they wanted to put a cap and gown on him and stick him on stage in front of a crowd and expect him to sing, he wasn't exactly on board. So we talked about it, prayed about it, put a "brave rock" in his pocket, and hoped for the best. Although he couldn't quite bring himself to put on the cap and gown, he got on stage and sang and said the pledge of allegiance and did all the hand motions, and walked across stage to get his diploma! I was so so so proud of him and the courage that took! It was most likely no big deal to any other parent there, but we were so proud of our buddy that we celebrated all day! We went to the candy store that afternoon and got an angry bird cake from Kroger to have after dinner. He even blew out candles as we sang, "Happy Graduation to you!" Such a big step for him! 
This was his brave rock he had in his pocket. I told him if he got scared, he could put his hand in his pocket and feel the rock, and it would remind him that God was with him. Such a Divine idea. Thank you, Lord. It helped so much!

There he is front and center...having nothing to do with that cap and gown! Hee Hee


My mom and I looked like crazy people during the program. We were ducking down in the pew so he wouldn't see us! Ha! The things you do for your child. I knew if he saw us, he would want to come sit with us and wouldn't stand up there and sing!

Mrs. Glenda....such a blessing.

And Mrs. Brenda....love her!


Some friends.

His family portrait he drew.

Celebrating!!!!!


Dada came home with a treat too! Can we say sugar high?!

Like I said, it may seem overboard to celebrate a fifteen minute stage presence, but it was so much more for my Carter. It was a brave act and a blessing from the Lord! I prayed that God would give him a supernatural courage and peace, and He did! I knew it would help his confidence so much and show him that he can do what other kids can do! And let me tell you, I have one confident little dude on my hands right now ;) I am thankful to the Lord for such a blessing and mostly for such a wonderful little graduate.

1 comment:

  1. The rock was such a brilliant idea!!!!!!! And I LOVE the celebrating picture with the cake. It made my night complete.

    ReplyDelete