Saturday, June 1, 2013

I love the beach

I mean I absolutely love it! It's my favorite place in the whole world. My mom and I started going together every year when I was in high school, and we've both been addicted since! We still try to go yearly but now we have husbands and kids in tow :) A little different from our old girls' trips, but oh so fun! I look forward to going all year long. Here is a glimpse into our fun this year. 
Thank goodness my wonderful parents went with us! They were life savers. They kept Emerson during her naps, dressed and undressed kids, played with them, let Joel and I go shopping, etc. So thankful for loving, serving parents. Not to mention they are so much fun! Vacation with kids is so fun, but it's a lot of work. Having four adults to three kids made a huge difference!




This kiddo is such a hoot. He did not like the sand, so he spent most of his time at the pool. He loved the pool! He liked being in the ocean some, but he wanted nothing to do with that sand. Maybe next year he will befriend the sand :)

This one on the other hand couldn't get enough of the sand, the ocean, the seashells, etc... He loved it all. He was a sand maniac. He was laying in it and rolling in it. He is like his mama....beach lover at heart. He is absolute happiest with his toes in the sand.



 Hub is so great to take us on vacation every year. I think I'll keep him around. XOXO :)


My favorite pic of the whole week! Hahaha! I said, "Everybody make a crazy face...and they did!" How fun is that? Best grandparents ever. 






PawPaw from Carter's angle....Carter is our blooming photographer. Pretty good pic. 




Our crazy crew on our last day.



I forgot to mention that we stayed with the Cavnars on the way down. E was well taken care of by these sweet cousins of hers. Thankful for the pit stop to and from the beach and love being able to see family. They so graciously host us several times year!

So now we are home and it's back to reality. Sigh. But who am I kidding, I have a great life. I just like it when my life is temporarily transferred to the beach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment