Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer nights (and days)

Don't you love summer evenings? Joel and the boys love to play football in the shaded part of our yard in the evenings. And after the sun goes down, they move to the backyard and jump on the trampoline. There is something about that thick air and all the bug noises and having no shoes on that makes summer nights so special. We've been soaking them up around here.



Carter is our official ant killer. (He got so carried away with is duty that we eventually had to refill the bottle with water. He takes this job seriously. So now all the ants are really just getting a bath.)


The constant swimming, jumping, and birthday partying got to this munchkin. He has been skipping naps here and there, and this particular evening, he fell asleep at 5pm and didn't wake up until 5:45 the next morning!

I caught this shot a few days ago. Boys hard at work and Emerson just hanging in there with them.


Our neighbor's pool has been our life this summer! I am so thankful for generous neighbors. We swim every single day, sometimes twice a day! 


Carter was practicing in the bath tub before his swimming lessons :) Both boys took lessons last week. It went sooooo well, and I was very worried it might not. I had been anticipating that week for a month. Swimming lessons are a toss up for most kids....some love them, some hate them. I knew it would be a toss up for mine too. But thankfully, they absolutely loved them and told me they were sad they were over and wanted to keep taking them. Praise the Lord! I had been praying and had ALL my friends praying that God would give them courage and excitement, and He did! I am so proud of them and so thankful that God cares about every detail of our lives....even swimming lessons. I really needed Carter to learn to swim this summer because next summer is going to be a doozie with Emerson on the move. He is doing so great! I think he will have it down by the end of the summer. He is determined to learn and thanks to our neighbors gets tons of practice!

The boys are still loving taekwondo and both received their white belts last week! 

Happiest baby on the planet.

We went to Sardis lake with a friend last weekend and had an absolute blast! The boys loved the boat and Carter even tubed with me! He is becoming shockingly brave these days. And for those of you who know us well know that bravery is not his strongest quality! It's like something has clicked in his little mind and heart, and he has become so confident and had decided he can do anything he wants! You have no idea how I have prayed for this in his little life. I am so thankful. Just so very thankful.

Joel wakeboarding...he is shockingly good and he didn't even grow up going to lake like I did! 

Three kids later, and I've still got it! Whoop!


Carter and me on the tube.

Little Miss Sister is only a tad bit proud of herself  and her new sitting up skills. I forgot to post her stats last week....21 pounds 6 oz! She is in the 101 percentile for weight, 97th for height, and 86th for head circumference! She is NOT going to blow away! She is so big, so old, so active! This week especially, she has become extremely active! She rolls all over the place, kicks constantly, grabs and shakes toys, flaps her arms constantly, and is just moving, moving, moving. She is going to be active like Carter was at her age. Watch out...when she starts crawling, I might not have time to post on here for months!

Look at that tan little stinker. I feel like he has gone from a baby to a kid this summer. So skinny, busy, and just plain big boy. Learning to swim without floaties, dropping naps, and loving legos. Time is really passing by isn't it? Might need to put a brick on his head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment