Monday, September 23, 2013

Tid Bit Tuesday

I've decided to add "Tid Bit Tuesday" to the ole blog. So here's my thought...you know how almost weekly, you will have an inspirational thought or come across a life changing truth in the Word, or read the best devotional or hear a great quote? So I got to thinking that I should write these things down....things I'm learning as I walk through this life as wife, mom, daughter, and friend. 

So here goes my first tid bit, I went to a Taylor Swift concert this weekend. So. Much. Fun! I loved something she said to all the grade school/high school girls. She said (not an exact quote), "We often try and find our identity in our hair, clothes, who are friends are, etc... But that's not what people will remember about you. Your legacy, your identity, and what really matters is how you treat others. The impact you have on others will be how you treated them. So be nice to people." 

I think that advice is just as applicable to adults as it is to high schoolers! Obviously as believers our identity is in Christ, but you get what she's saying about how people view us and how they will remember us. They will remember how we treated them. 

How do you treat other people? Not just your friends and family, but total strangers, the check out lady at the grocery store, the guy who changes your oil and takes too long, your child's teacher, your neighbor, the cable company guy on the phone, the girl who just rear ended you at the stop light? I know I can often be the first one to be in my own little world and not take notice of those put in my path on a daily basis. As we think about being salt and light and sharing the love of Jesus to everyone we encounter, I think being genuinely nice might be a great place to start. May the Lord grant us grace and an extra dose of His Spirit to be nice!

Clearly we have no shame. Girls just wanna have fu-un. Oh girls just wanna have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Y'all are hilarious!!!! Great post too. You are truly one of the sweetest people I've ever met so rest assured you reflect God's spirit daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being nice is so important. This was a good post! A+

    ReplyDelete