Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tid Bit Tuesday


I recently read an article that was titled something along the lines of "The day I stopped saying 'Hurry Up' to my kids."
I didn't particularly love the article, but I loved the title and the basis of what she was trying to say. I started to think, and I am the first one to say hurry up and rush my kids to get to the next stop on time. They move at a snail's pace, toddlers are S-L-O-W, and school starts at 8:00am! We gotta get in the car, people! I absolutely think I need to strive to be on time to respect other people's time and set a good example to my kids, but not at the cost of making them feel rushed day in and day out. There are appropriate time to rush, but not every single day, every time we have to be somewhere. I think if I start getting ready a little bit earlier and plan a little bit better, I can do better and eliminate the "Hurry Up" pace and the phrase all together from our vocabulary. Here's to an unrushed, timely week! 
Gonna give it my best shot! Hope you will too!



No comments:

Post a Comment