I mean just look at him. Hahaha! He's stolen my heart all over again over the past few weeks. I mean who am I kidding, he had me at hello, but the past couple of weeks, he has been especially heart stopping.
The middle child...that's him. Carter does everything first, and Emerson is the cute baby girl. BUT let me tell you that doesn't stop this little stinker. He's his own person, and he isn't competing with ANYONE!
See what I mean?
He's constantly keeping us laughing.
He can throw one fantastic fit, and let me tell you that he gave me a run for my money during the twos, but I noticed something really great about his character two weeks ago, and I wanted to make note. He is really happy for others when they accomplish something. He was genuinely happy for Carter when he got his yellow belt and felt no need to compete or keep up or accomplish something to make himself stand out. And it's like that with everything. He thinks it's great when Carter and Emerson get a present from someone or when we cheer for Emerson's new trick or one of Carter's accomplishments. I pray my other kiddos will follow suit when it comes to their siblings. What an example he is! I am convinced that God uses our children to refine us way more than He uses us to refine our children.
Are we genuinely happy for others when they get/receive/accomplish something great? Do we try to keep up and compete? Are we jealous? I think we can all take a lesson from Coop.
Just adore him and the fact that this was his school picture proof. Bahahaha!!!

.jpg)
.jpg)
Jill this melts my heart! I love the identities your boys are carving out for themselves. Coop is SUCH a personality and I can't think of anyone who I would rather have cheering for me through the years than that guy. He is so full of life and passion. Can't wait to see your smiling face tomorrow :)
ReplyDelete