Check out my cool ninja in his over sized sparring gear. Is he the real deal or what? :)
I wanted to make note of something that I have noticed about Carter lately. I have discovered his love language. He has a few, but first and foremost, his love language is gift giving. He absolutely loves giving gifts. On Christmas morning, he is always the one handing out the gifts and jumping up and down watching each person open his or her gifts. He always says to me, "Mama, you're going to love your present I got you! I'm not gonna tell you because I want it to be a surprise." He meticulously plans each person's presents for each birthday and holiday well in advance to actual event....months in advance. He is already planning what to get Coop for his birthday at the end of MARCH! He loves shopping for gifts, hiding them, wrapping them, giving oh so obvious hints as to what they are, and then asking us for months if we still like our gift he got us and do we remember that he gave it to us. He is as excited or even more to excited to give gifts as he is to receive them! I've never seen anything like it in a child. It's such a jewel of selflessness God has place in his heart. Want to see Carter light up and start jumping and suddenly lose all shyness and talk ninety miles an hour? Ask him what he's planning on getting each of his family members for their upcoming birthdays.
And on the flip side, if you want to make him feel like the most loved little boy in the world, stop by a gas station and pick him up a 50 cent treat....a gift...he feels loved. It's the little slice of life that gives him that little boy grin and writhing hands and bouncing legs. It's his love language.
Love that kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment