It's that time of year again! Time to look behind and reflect, and time to look ahead and plan and hope and pray.
I've chosen Jeremiah 29:13 as my verse for 2014. It says, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Seek:
1. to resort to, go to
2. to go in search of, look for
3. to try to discover, request
4. to try to aquire gain, aim at
5. to make attempt
This year I am hoping to focus on seeking the Lord. To resort to Him; to search for Him; to try and discover Him.
One of the hardest parts of being a stay at home mom is finding time to alone. It sometimes feels almost impossible to get a chunk of quiet time to myself. It seems I always end up having company :) Which I LOVE, but it sure makes it hard to have good, quiet time with the Lord.
So this year I am going to be more intentional about setting aside time to get in the Word and pray, time to seek the Lord.
I also want to do a better job of not being so distracted. I feel like my mind is always in two places. My phone dings or rings, my kids are calling my name, the laundry needs to be folded, and dishwasher finished running, etc..., and I feel like I am not really paying attention to any one task or person at a time. When Joel or one of my kids is talking to me, I want to look them in the eyes and listen, and when I am doing a task around the house, I am going to try and finish it and not stop halfway because I got distracted and headed on a rabbit trail! I think that will help me be a better mom and wife and stay more organized around the house.
So there you go! Welcome, 2014! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store!
No comments:
Post a Comment