Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas Break

Christmas came and Christmas went in a flash didn't it? If I'm not careful, I feel like I'll miss it all together! My favorite time of year. I love everything about December. I am convinced being a parent at Christmas is just as much if not more fun than being a kid at Christmas. Sad it's over, but love all the memories we made and all the fun we had. On to January....booooo! Haha!

The boys were in our annual Children's choir program. Too cute for words!!! 100 little voices singing Silent Night. Precious.

Carter started basketball. He fell in love. He scored two goals in his first game and had an assist if I remember right. Love watching this little dude have so much fun. 

We spend a lot of time at BB and Pawpaw's over the break! 

Only BB would play one on one! Hahaha! She's the best.

Is he six or sixteen?!!

Carter was Joseph in the kindergarten play! He rocked it. :)

Emerson and her Minnie pjs from Stephen and Kate. Cannot get them off her. She loves them. Takes after her brothers with that pj obsession. 



Pawpaw and BB stay with us every Christmas Eve. We go to the Christmas Eve service, grill steaks, and have a birthday cake for Jesus. This year we added fireworks to our tradition. They were a hit!


Such a great story. So the Rebels made it to the Peach Bowl this year. Well as you know, Carter caught the Rebel football bug this year. He has been ALL about Ole Miss football this year. He knows the players, all the SEC teams, their rankings, their records. That kid is a statistic nut! (just like his daddy I might add) So of course when he found out we made a bowl game, he immediately started saying, "I wish we could go to the Peach Bowl. Dada, wouldn't that be awesome if we got to go?" Hahaha! We basically told him that a lot of people want to go to the Peach Bowl, and that tickets are expensive, and it is a long way away, and that it would be hard to do. So out of NOWHERE this man in our neighborhood dressed up like Santa and pulled into our driveway while we were shooting fireworks yelling "HO HO HO" and ringing a bell. We had NO idea that was going to happen! Best Christmas Eve surprise ever! Carter got so wide eyed and yelled to him (because he won't get withing 15 feet of a Santa Claus) "I WANT CHICKFILA PEACH BOWL TICKETS!!!" We all died laughing.
Fast forward to the next morning. After they had opened all their presents, Joel asked him if he had gotten everything he wanted. He said, "Well, I didn't get Chickfila Peach Bowl tickets, but that's okay, maybe I'll get some next year." (melt my heart) Joel told him to look in the tree. He ran over there, dug all around and pulled out what you see in the above picture. Oh my word. What a memory! Happiest little boy on the planet. And may I say spoiled rotten?! 


Jesus' birthday cake, a highlight for my kiddos each year.

Here's the Santa that showed up. We may never top this Christmas. Unbelievable.





Here we are in Atlanta! We went with our dear friends, the Turners. Our kids adore one another, and it made the trip so much fun to have friends with us.

Legoland was the first stop!





Sweet Molly

Swimming in December!

But the escalators stole the show! They LOVED the escalators. Next year we just need to take them to Memphis and let them ride up and down escalators and stay in a hotel with an indoor pool! Ha!

Next was the aquarium. It. was. amazing. 




Then off to the game we went!


Our friend, Mark, gave us box seat tickets. So so nice! All the food and drink you could want and own private bathroom. We were watching in luxury!

Carter brought his own personal, homemade program :)

The Rebels stunk it up. Bad game :( But the cow on the blimp was a HUGE hit. Hahaha! What a cool experience. The boys had the time of their lives. We saw and did so many fun things with our good buddies. The whole trip was just so much fun. It was sad to leave. I wish we could have stayed on more night, but we were missing out E too much. BB and Pawpaw kept her for us, and were were dying to get home to see her. A sweet reunion it was.

The next day Carter made our Birthday card (a week early), and he said Ole Miss- 48, TCU- 0 was a much better score to put on our card. Love that kid!

Here's to a new year! 2015, we are coming for you! Can't wait to see what this year holds!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jill! Came to check up on the Bells, and I saw that you were in ATL for the Peach Bowl. We live in metro Atlanta now - anytime you're back in town, it would be great to say hi : )

    - Megan Hulgan

    ReplyDelete