Dear Emerson,
Two years, big girl! They say the time goes faster with each child. It's true. I feel like you were just born, but then again, it's hard to remember life without you here! I still remember sitting straight up on the ultrasound table when the lady said, "There is no doubt that this is a girl." Wow. A girl. Pink. Tea parties, Baby dolls. Bows and smocked dresses. Oh what fun! And so much fun we've had. I have soaked up every ounce of your girl-ness.
You are such a little princess. You prance around this house...you don't walk, you prance. I love your little walk. You know what you want and you know where to get it and you think you run this place. Hahaha! What a unique childhood you are having with two older brothers who adore you, torture you, dote on you, aggravate you, and giggle and cheer at all your new tricks. I love it watching you three so much.
So let's see, this year you have fallen in LOVE with woof woofs, Minnie Mouse, and your fave TV show, Barney. You love bb and pawpaw, bicycles, the trampoline, buses, books, Raisins Nut Bran cereal, shredded cheese (lawsy the messes!), milk, the pictures on mama's phone, your yayas, and chap stick.
You love to play in my make up and in my nail polish. Let's hope you don't learn to open any of those any time soon! You love your toes painted and your chap stick on just right.
Some fun things you say are muh muh for muffin, Car Car for Carter and Coo Coo for Coop, ride for let me play in the car, nump for jump on the trampoline, waaa for watch me, ook for look at this, Mimmie for Minnie and Mi Mou for Mickey, yocks for socks (dada's fave), hodyoo for hold you/me, and so many more I am sure I am missing.
You love to be sung to. You would let me sing 50 songs to you every night. You love wheels on the bus, king of the jungle, butterfly, Jesus loves me, the Barney song, abc's, Amazing Grace, and the little light of mine.
Speaking of growing up, you are in a big girl bed now without a paci! I can't believe it. That all happened way faster than I ever expected, but you were just ready. So proud of you. It was so sad taking down the crib for the last time, but it was time, and you love your new bed.
There's so much I can say about you. You are my buddy, my partner in crime every morning while the boys are at school, and my fave girl in the entire world. I'm so thankful I got you!
You are the icing on the cake for our whole family, and we all love you so. Happy Birthday, baby girl. You are a precious gift.
Love,
Mama
Here's a look back at your year:
No comments:
Post a Comment