Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Fun

This little nugget is turning into quite the character. She reminds me so much of Coop at this age. Funny faces, singing songs, dancing...a ball of personality.

My boys are always bringing home all sorts of rugrats. Love these kiddos and so thankful for sweet friends. It's always fun to watch them interact with their buddies.

Looked out back to check on them only to find shirtless wrestling? Haha!

Emerson makes this face when she jumps. Hahahahaha!


 Coop and I went exploring on the common ground next door. They love this little creek full of teeny fish and tadpoles. They even caught a few of the little fish!

 Coop had his first ever soccer game! It was freezing! He did great and had a ball. This is his best buddy, Jack.

Favorite Book Character day at school. Coop was Jack from Magic Treehouse. My kids LOVE those books. 


Joel and I went to see Drew and the Neighbors with a bunch of friends.


They think they are so cool all decked in Nike attire. Haha! When did they get so old?

It rained and rained a couple weekends ago, so we pulled out a couple of cardboard boxes. Entertainment for hours. Why do we even have toys? There's no need. All they really need is a box.

I sent this pic to a friend the other day. Hahahahaha! This is how I feel while teaching/listening to  my kids read. I don't see how these preK and kindergarten teachers do it. I just want to yell, "It says plane! Plane! You just read it 85 times. How do you not know it says plane by now?!!" My best mom moments are most definitely not during homework. Hahahaha! Oops. They send home a book every. single. day. Oh my word. Patience is a virtue. Sorry for the honesty. 

Look who lost his front teeth!

Emerson and her three purses.

How on earth is it time for his FIVE year portrait?!! I JUST got Carter's made. I get their picture taken at one and at five. I wanted to capture their baby-ness at one and their little kid-ness at five. I guess the next time will be their graduation picture. Ahhhh! Sadly I know that will come in a blink of an eye. Okay I need to reel it back in....here's to the five year pic in a gorgeous linen oh so southern outfit...love my Cookie Boo. Can't wait to see his pic on the wall. 


Emerson's seat at the table....no wonder she doesn't eat dinner!

Calling "Mimmie"

Joel and I got to go on the most glorious vacation last week. THANK YOU BB AND PAWPAW! We went to Jackson Hole, Joel's favorite place on earth. It was so special to share it with him. My parents kept my kids for FIVE days. I can't say thank you enough. It was such a huge blessing. We hadn't been on a vacation together without kids since Carter was 8 months old. It was overdue and oh so amazing. We skiied and skiied and skiied. Memories I will treasure forever. 

 Susanna and Jason, Reid and Kristen, Mike and Laura went with us. Here Su and I are on one of our snack breaks on the mountain. Ha! We had a ball skiing. We laughed and laughed and turns out we are pretty good skiiers! We were flying down those blues!

 Riding the tram all the way up to the top. The most glorious views I've ever seen in my entire life.


 The Tetons.



 The town square. Cutest little town. We loved walking around and shopping and of course eating our weight in food. 


 While we were gone, Oxford got three inches of snow! That's huge for Oxford. So we came home just in time to enjoy it with our crew. What a sweet reunion it was!


 Emerson HATED the snow and especially that freaky snowman. Hahaha!


But here's the bad news...15 minutes before we were leaving to go see the boys' TOT basketball performance at Ole Miss, Carter touched the stove and burned three of this fingers. It was so traumatic. I had JUST taken a pot of boiling water off of the stove, so it was super hot. We did all we knew to do, but he was still in bad pain four hours later! So we called our ER doctor friend, and he was so kind to help us out. We would have been up all night in the ER otherwise. Needless to say, it was so so sad and scary. He has gigantic blisters on his fingers, but thankfully, no more pain! If you ever need to first aid burn info, I am your girl! I am in the know now!

Coop ROCKED his TOT performace. I am so sad I missed it!!!!! Joel recorded it though, and I was so proud of him. It's a huge deal for a four year old to go out at halftime in front of a crowd and perform! Go, Coop!


The boys are into building houses/forts, etc... Here Carter posted a sign saying, "You cat come in my home." :) Hahaha! 

February is behind us and here comes March and hopefully some warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment