Saturday, April 2, 2016

Oh Coo Coo

Where do I start with you, my crazy Coop? First of all, happy birthday! Oh my how we love you. For six years you have been a bright light in our home. You are just so full of personality...a 40 pound ball of personality. If I could count the number of times you have made me burst out laughing, I would be convinced it was more than that number. The second you walk out of your room in the morning, I start giggling. You are simply a joy giver. And it's not just me. You keep your siblings in stitches, your teachers absolutely adore you, every mom in the city of Oxford wants you to be their child's best friend. You are just so fun and kind and a fantastic little boy....so easy to love.
So let's talk about your year...you fell in love with swimming last year...such a fish!!, you started kindergarten and learned to read like a machine, you put together hundreds of lego sets, had many many playdates with friends, wore way too much Nike and Under Armour, ate too many Chickfila chicken biscuits to count, (let's not even talk about how much candy you ate), played baseball, basketball and soccer, and jumped countless hours on the trampoline.
You love to write notes, play with your best buds Carter and Emerson, eat at concession stands, drink Fanta, pick out your own clothes, be different from everyone, ride your electric scooter, wrap up in a blanket with Molly, go to BB and Pawpaws, spend time with all your many many cousins, and the list goes on.
You are such a firecracker! You want things YOUR way. You are soooo much better at not having it your way, but my oh my do you ever want it your way. The main way this comes out is in your style. You want your clothes to be of a certain brand, feel, color, etc...oh my I tried to take you shoe shopping the other day. We won't even go there. LOL! You are growing your hair out "long and cool" and you are very proud of it. I'm laughing just typing this. I love your opinionated little self.
God wired you so uniquely, and I'm loving watching it unfold. He wired you to be the silliest little boy there is, but He also wired you to be thoughtful and generous. You tried to spend your birthday money on Carter and Emerson. What other six year old would do that? You send all your friends with a parting gift from our house, and I treasure my sweet notes I get several times a week. You make me Easter presents, Valentine's presents, and just every day presents. You pick me flowers and find me cool rocks. You are always thinking of ways to make others smile. I was laughing while I was typing and now I have a lump in my throat.
I love how your knowledge of Jesus has grown this year. You always pray for Grammie and that Pop is having a good time in heaven, and you always thank God for the Bible. I love that so much. I pray that you continue to grow in your childlike faith, and that you grow leaps and bounds in your love for Jesus this next year.
I absolutely adore you, sweet boy. You are such a joy, and I am so privileged to get to be your mama. Happy 6th Birthday!
Love,
Mama 


No comments:

Post a Comment