Thursday, December 24, 2015

Not a baby anymore

Dear Emerson,
Happy 3rd birthday, Baby Girl!
How on earth has it been three years since that special Christmas we brought you home in my old pink smocked gown? You are so special to us. Our sweet baby girl. The older you and Carter and Coop get, the sappier I get. It's quite pathetic. Ha! But it is what it is. I am well aware that I am in the midst of the sweetest days and years of my life. It's Christmas Eve, and I'm only going to get so many magical, electric with excitement, squealing kids Christmas mornings. Oh don't you worry though...I am doing my best to soak up every single bit of it.
Let me think back over the past year...you are still and always have been my oh so girly, pink loving, all girly things loving girl. I mean bring on the pink and glitter and make up and baby dolls! You love it ALL! You often say you want to drink out of a girl cup and sit in a girl chair and wear girl socks, etc.. NOTHING that could possibly be for a boy will work. You are so prissy, it's hysterical. But do not let all the pink fool you, you can hold your own with these boys. They will NOT take your cookie, they will NOT touch your toy, they will NOT push you around....you make dang sure of it! Hahaha! You are the furthest from a push over. But oh my you adore your brothers. You want to do everything they do, and you three are always up to something together. 
You love Peppa Pig, pajamas, nail polish, make up, storing candy in random spots around the house, purses and bags (usually carrying hidden candy), your roller coaster in the driveway, singing, school, Price, Millie, and Eva your best buds, stuffing Dada's briefcase full of pictures and treats for the next day's work, coloring, Hello Kitty, cereal, milk, McDonald's, Walmart, and the list goes on.
You love to run up and give us giant leg hugs as we are walking out the door. Your new recent thing is to say, "Mama, you are the cream and I am the cookie" or "Dada is the mac and I am the cheese" or "I am the candy and Dada is the cane."  The combinations are endless.
You are so happy. You love your friends, you family, and especially love BB and Pawpaw.
You are such a treasure. You are spirited and silly and loud and sweet as sugar.
I have loved watching you grow from my big fat baby to my three year old little girl.
We love you so much, Charlie Emerson, and we are so so very thankful that we got YOU. Happy Birthday and all my love.
Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment