Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First Few Days as a Family of Four


We have been home for three days now, and things are going really well! If I am honest, I am worried that this is all a little too good to be true. It's like I am waiting on the chaos to begin at any moment...not a good mindset I know! My mom is here, so that has helped more than I can say. She does a ton around here which has made my life much easier. I am afraid I am going to have a rude awakening when she goes home.

As far as Cooper goes, this may be too much information for those of you who aren't mothers :), but he is an incredible nurser! What a blessing! Also, he is already starting to get his days and nights straightened out. The first night was not so good...he woke up to eat about 12:30 and was super gassy pretty much the entire rest of the night. I think it was some medicine I took that upset his stomach. Last night he woke up to eat at 12:30 and was wide awake for a few hours...ugh...but at least he was content. He was just looking around and checking out the world around him. Today I have been keeping him up for a little while after each feeding hoping that he will be worn out tonight and go right back to sleep. 

Carter is just as happy as ever. He hasn't really given Cooper's presence much thought and doesn't seem affected at all. I don't want to speak too soon, but it seems the adjustment on his part is going well. This may all change a few weeks from now, but so far so good. I was a little worried about him feeling left out or neglected, but that hasn't been the case thankfully.

Okay, sorry for the mommy rant! God has blessed us so much with a great first few days at home. I am soooo thankful!

3 comments:

  1. Cooper is so cute! He looks like both of you and it will be interesting to see how he looks in a few months! I'm glad today went well; I hope you get a little more rest tonight. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that he is a good nurser...what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilly! He looks like you! He's beautiful and those pictures of the two of them are priceless! I bet Carter will continue to do well. I had the same worries with Mac, but he was the same way! Hardly seemed affected by it! As long as he can feel that y'all love him just as much as always he will be fine! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete