Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy 101 Award


My friend Jaime (our boys go to the same preschool, and we instantly became friends...Jaime, we MUST get together soon! This is sad that we have gone this long without getting together.) gave me this blog award. It's my first blog award! And since Carter is at school today, and Cooper is napping, it gave me something fun to do :)

So the idea is that you list 10 things that make you happy, then you pass the award along to other bloggers you know. I need to think about things that make me happy...it's good for the soul.

1. A good quiet time with the Lord! These are hard to come by with a newborn and a toddler, and I have missed them over the past few weeks. Lately when I get a chance, I have been reading this devotional book titled Sincerely...Gigi by Gigi Graham, and it is fantastic. If you are a mom, you must get this. It's super old, and you can get it on Amazon for like a dollar.

2. My boys...Joel, Carter, and Cooper. I know this is an obvious one and technically, it's not a "thing" but they make me so happy. I just love them :)

3. Spending time with my mom...she is my best friend, an incredible encourager, a gigantic help with my boys, and she is so much fun.

4. Swinging on our wood swing in our front yard on a beautiful day.

5. Hanging out with the girls. I am fortunate enough to have a husband who is willing to keep the boys and give me girls' night out quite often. When I come home from being with the girls, I am always so refreshed. (Thanks, Joely!)

6. Going on a date. I absolutely LOVE when Joel and I get to go on a date together. Usually it's just going to dinner and maybe getting some ice cream afterwards, but they are one of the highlights of my life. Good conversation over a glass of wine or maybe a Blue Moon with my Joel is hard to beat.

7. Documenting my boys' lives...taking pictures, videoing, making their baby books, etc...

8. Giving someone a "happy." I like to give happies to Joel in his lunch or to a friend who needs encouragement or just for a surprise.

9. Diet Dr. Pepper...gotta have one everyday!

10. The Beach...I look forward to going every year. I love the sun, the shopping, the seafood, the pool, all the junk food we buy....I love it all.

Okay, so there you go...I feel like I could keep going, but it said to only do ten, so now I pass this award on to some friends:

I pass it to Julia Williams, my college freshman roommate who I have some of my most treasured memories with. She makes me laugh, and she loves life!

I pass it to Nancy Simmons, my dear dear friend here in Memphis who has been such a blessing in my life over the past two years. We have raised our babies together :)

I pass it to Stacy Tittle...my life long friend. I love this girl! We grew up together, went to church together, went to camp together, played softball for ten years together... basically we were together our entire childhoods :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so blessed to have you! My childhood would not have been the same without you! I still look back on those days and smile! I love you to death. Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and I love you. Thanks for including me on things that make you happy you make me happy. What a blessing you are to me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill that comment was from me I guess I don't know how to do this love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to see your happies! Yay! Love all the gorgeous pictures! And yes, playdate soon is a must!

    ReplyDelete