It has been WAY too long since I've laced up my running shoes (so long that I have had the same shoes since 2006!..not good for the knees). In high school, college, and even into the first couple years of marriage, I loved to run and loved being in shape. I became addicted in college after running a half marathon and finishing in my goal time. I grew to love it even more after coaching cross country and track at ECS for a couple of years and having the opportunity to train and encourage junior high and high school girls.
Sadly, I lost the title of "runner" about halfway through my pregnancy with Carter. He was a summer baby, I was huge, and it wasn't safe for me to continue running. After he was born, I would run every now and then but never fully got back into the game.
Well, it's time! And I am excited! I laced up tonight and went for my first run...a whopping 15 minutes. Ha! Hey, you gotta start somewhere. I am beginning the training process for the St. Jude Half Marathon on December 4th. Two of my sister-in-laws are going to join me, and we plan on going out to eat at Ruth's Chris that night to celebrate our finish. What great motivation!
Anyone else want to join us?
Here is my training plan:
Let the fun begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment