Thursday, July 29, 2010

Large and Lovely

My Cookey is four months old! I don't know how to describe this little man except that he is a little piece of heaven. He is full of smiles, coos, and giggles, and sometimes I think I might just hug and kiss the life out of him!

Here are his four month check-up stats:
Head Circumference- Off the charts!!! Ha! No wonder he can't hold his head up yet :)
Weight- 85th percentile
Height- 90th percentile

Now do you see why I titled this post "Large and Lovely"? He is so big! Even bigger than Carter was at his age which is a feat in itself. He is already in some 12 months clothes. Man, oh, man. I think we might have a linebacker on our hands.

Warning: For those of you who aren't mothers, the following information will be totally meaningless:

As far as routine goes, I had a tough time getting Coop on a great daytime schedule. Nights have always been fantastic. He has been sleeping 11-12 hours at night since he was 11 weeks old. But for some reason, we couldn't get the days straight. He just didn't seem tired for his naps, so they ended up being pretty sporatic and sometimes non-existent.

So I decided to go ahead and put him on a new schedule which fixed the problem in 24 hours! I have never known a child this easy in my life. Here is his typical day give or take a half hour or so:
6:30- wake up and 8oz. bottle
8:00- rice cereal
8:30- nap (usually 2 hours)
10:30- 8 oz. bottle
12:30- nap (1-2 hours)
2:30- 8oz. bottle
4:30- catnap in swing
5:00- rice cereal
7:00- 8oz. bottle and bedtime routine
(Yes, he eats alot...we know...he is just like Carter, a bottomless pit!)
What this schedule did was omit a feeding and a nap. It gave him more awake time between naps so his naps would lengthen. Thanks, Baby Whisperer! (Great book if you are a new mom looking for some advice.)

Here is Coop-man at four months:

Could not get a smile out of him...he was seriously concentrating on sitting up.
Playing peekaboo
Yummy rice...look at that hair...not sure what happened :)
Making him practice holding his head up. He is not loving this.
He always bites his bottom lip like this...I love it. Check out that sweet dimple.

No comments:

Post a Comment