Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Path of Loneliness

The Path of Loneliness (repackaged edition)  -     
        By: Elisabeth Elliot
I have recently come across an awesome book that I HAVE to share with you. It is called The Path of Loneliness. You do not have to be dealing with loneliness to read it! I feel like I look at life in a whole new light and know God and why he allows suffering like I have never have before.
I can remember very few times in my life when I felt lonely: once in high school when my boyfriend and I broke up, once my sophomore year in college after coming down from a mountain top summer in Colorado with Campus Crusade, and a few times since I became a stay at home mom.
Loneliness is not something that I have struggled with a whole lot, but nonetheless, it has crept into my life a few times. I heard of this book, bought it, and have been changed because of it.
Elisabeth Elliot's total submission to God's will in her life is incredibly inspiring. She truly wants God's will to be done in her life NO MATTER THE COST and no matter the amount of suffering. This is an incredible read...thought I might pass it along to you :)

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the other day how I wanted to thank you for this book. I have enjoyed it and tears pour down my face while I read it. I am not finished with it yet but hope to soon...it's a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to get it this week....thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete