Friday, October 21, 2011

The Cavnars come to town (and Uncle Stephen too!)

As you can see we had a very relaxing weekend with the Cavnars and Stephen. Everyone came in town for the Alabama game and some family bonding of course. We had a blast, and we were sad to see them leave after such a quick weekend. My boys loved every minute of them being here. Wish they lived closer!

Julie and me on Joel's balcony. Julie and I could talk for hours and hours and hours. We have gotten really close over the past 6 six years, and she has been a God-send to me since having kids! I was the stereotypical first time mother (probably a little worse!), and Julie was there for me (and still is in my anxious mother moments). She is an encouragement to me, and I am thankful she is my sister and my friend.

Anna Kate and Coop at Joel's office

Andrew, Anna Kate, and Julie

One of my favorite parts of the weekend. Carter LOVED playing with Andrew...specifically tackling Andrew. They had a lot of fun together....made me wish Carter had an older brother, or even more, it made me wish the Cavnars were our neighbors.

Coop before church

The beloved Uncle Stephen...well actually only Carter calls him "uncle." :) Carter thanks God for Uncle Stephen EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Stephen came to visit last spring for a weekend, and ever since, he has been permanently added to Carter's prayer list. Plus, Stephen sent Carter Stanley the train in the mail for his birthday, so that pretty much sealed the deal on making him a cool uncle.

Carter after church

Family pic minus Carter...he wasn't in the family pic mood.

Julie and Stephen

I didn't get a single picture of Caroline or Reid. Oops! It isn't because I don't love them, I promise! Not sure what happened on that one. We had a fantastic time with them, and hope they come back again soon!
We love you Stephen and Cavnars! Thanks for the fun weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment