This morning was picture day at the boys' school. So like every other mom, I had their coordinating outfits picked out, their hair cut last week, etc...
So here's how the day went. Coop woke up with 100.7 fever. Ugh. So when I dropped Carter off, the director told me I could bring Coop back when Carter's class was scheduled so he could have his picture taken.
When I get there, I find out they decided to do group pictures this year! So Coop missed out on being in his class picture. Boo Hoo! But oh well, at least he will still get his individual picture and a picture with Carter, right?
Oh no. They go get Carter, and when they pull him out of his class and take him through a maze of unfamiliar hallways, he freaks out and starts crying hysterically. By the time he gets to me, he is all worked up, and Coop is now crying because he feels terrible and Carter is crying. I try to put them down for a picture, and it sounded like pterodactyls screaching and screaming. I could not calm them down or convince them to sit for the picture. Plus the wind the blowing insanely hard, so Carter kept saying he was freezing. So needless to say, neither of my kids got individual or class pictures taken! Why do I even try?!! Ahhhh!
Oh well. You gotta laugh to keep from crying. Very frustrating morning.
I went from simply missing one class picture for one child to missing every picture for both children.
Oh the joys!
Keepin it real today, people.
Here's to next year's class and individual pictures....
What is it about picture day?!? Jon was the worst behaved he has ever been this morning trying to get him ready for school!! We went through two different outfits (outfit A was smeared with cream cheese during breakfast), and two shoe changes (screaming while running around with one shoe on), and then refusing to take allergy medicine...so he will probably have snot on his face in his picture!! I thought of you and your ordeal when I finally got home and sat down : )
ReplyDelete