Dear Cooper,
You are two years old today, Big Boy. It has been two joyful years, two wonderfully joyful years. We are so in love with you....smitten would be the word. You are just so beautiful. So beautiful and so charming and so animated...oh so animated! You are a little light but a very bright little light. When you are around, everything is light. You make us laugh and smile, and you are constantly melting our hearts with those big baby blues.
You love being the center of attention, but you don't demand it which makes it so cute when you get to perform. You sing and dance and grin and giggle and say funny things constantly. But singing...singing is your specialty. You have a repertoire of about 25 songs...not even kidding. You sing yourself to sleep, sing in the car, and walk around singing as you play all day. I am convinced your little voice belting praises to our King is the most precious sound there is. I especially love when you sing, "Sing Hosanna to the King," "Joy to the World," and "Amazing Grace." Your voice is a gift to me. It brightens my day everyday and keeps me going when it's not so easy to keep going.
You are such a blessing, Coop. You have no idea the light you have brought me. You are loving, affectionate, so friendly, and joyful to the core.
The Lord has truly put His joy in you. You have the joy of the Lord, and it's contagious.
This past year you and Carter have become big buddies. I always say you two are best friends and worst enemies. I never know what I'll hear from the other room....screaming or giggling. You play, wrestle, hit, giggle, hug, share, snatch, slap, help, tattle, etc... The best kind of brothers in my opinion. You keep Carter laughing, and he keeps you moving trying to keep up.
You love spiderman (spomoman), construction vehicles/equipment, cars, trucks, balls, trampolines, baths, basketball, all foods known to man, and Dixie, our cat, to name a few.
Here are some of the funny and super cute things you say:
"I yuh you" for I love you
"Shoo Wee" for a dirty diaper
"Shoo Wee" for a dirty diaper
"Chiway" for Chickfila
"Botball" for football
"Disaball goal" for basketball goal
"Spomoman" for Spiderman
"Poot" for Coop...although this has gone away recently. You can now correctly say your name which is a little sad.
"Drop you" for Don't drop me....not sure why you keep saying this to us. Did somebody drop you at school or church? Hope not!
"Deus" for juice
"Ewww nassy" for Ew, Nasty. Hysterical!
"Dit" for I did it.
"Ewww nassy" for Ew, Nasty. Hysterical!
"Dit" for I did it.
Everytime we give you something, you say, "Thank you, you're welcome."
"Bass" for bath
"Wion" for Lion...lately you have been talking about a lion and telling us you are scared of the "wion" in your room. Hope you aren't having nightmares.
Something you request all the time is a "wide" which means you are asking to ride in the car. You absolutely LOVE to play in cars. You are obsessed to put it lightly.
You are also obsessed with "shoobrushes" and "toopaste"...oh my goodness, I love you to pieces, but you about drive me bonkers stealing everyone's toothbrushes and screaming bloody murder when we take them away from you.
You love to take your "biper" off and run around naked.
Imagine a lamb saying the word, "excavator"...that is exactly how Coop says it. Not sure what that's about, but it's super funny.
"Here go" for here you go.
"See you" for bye...accompanied by a wave of course.
So much more I could write! You are a chatty little guy; you talk and talk and talk.
You are also a passionate little booger! You have entered the two's and definitely have an opinion....and you want it to be heard! You can get loud about it too. You want what you want, and you are not happy when you don't get it. Thankfully, you seem to respond to discipline pretty well. And after you are disciplined, you always hug me and want to be held....so easy to reconcile with you. You are a soft hearted little guy.
I love your blonde hair, your chubby thighs, your button nose, your little tiny teeth, your irresistable cheeks, your beautiful eyes, your little fat feet...everything about you. You are stunningly beautiful....a work of God inside and out.
Coop, I am so very very glad God chose me to be your mommy. You are a blessing, a joy, and a bright light. I don't know what God has in store for your future, but I know it's a bright one because you are bright in every sense of the word.
Thank you for being so loving and simply wonderful.
You are my sunshine.
I love you so much,
Mama
Here is a look back at the past year:
Here is a look back at the past year:
Happy Happy Birthday, Coop!
I couldn't have described our sweet, precious Coop any better!! What a blessing our little Coop has been not only to you but to me and Pawpaw!!! Love ya Coop to the moon and stars and back!!!! BB
ReplyDelete