Sunday, June 29, 2014

Splish Splash

I don't now why it always happens this way, but it seems like every spring, I get a little anxious about summer coming up...three months with no routine, no plan, and lots of heat. But as sure as the sun, June rolls around, and we find ourselves having a ball at the pool, playing in the hose, fun church activites, cooking out with friends, and traveling. We just love summer around here. It's the perfect combination of lazy mornings and busy afternoons and evenings.

So as you can see above, Carter has taken quite the paternal role with Emerson.

She's a water baby. Loves the hose, the pool, and most especially the bath.


We are getting geared for a fun Fourth with her little red, white, and blue outfit.

Coop....always keeping us in stitches.


This place has entered our lives with a bang. Ha! Not quite sure how that happened, but "Buffalo Wild Wings" is a daily phrase in mi casa.

Joel and I had a day and night away, thanks to BB and Pawpaw of course! We went to the Moon River Festival to see Drew and Ellie, ate our way through Memphis, and stayed the night. We had a ball. Love a concert with Hub!

We are famous now! Hahaha! Not quite. But we did make the neighborhood magazine as the "Meet your Neighbor" family of the month. So fun to have this now and especially to have such sweet pictures.

I had to frame this and put it in my kitchen. It makes me smile :) All of those are my babies? Wow. I love those stinkers.

Summer driveway fun

Our sweet friends, the Coles, invited us to go see Jim Gaffigan, the comedian. My cheeks still hurt from smiling and laughing so much. What a giggly night. I want to do it all over again.

She is soooo attached to her dada. I mean soooo attached. It's just the sweetest thing ever.

Father's day prep Saturday afternoon. We made a cake and danced to Kix 106 while we did it. Makes the cake taste better when you dance while baking it. Duh.





Welcome home, Da! 

The very last Gooooooo, Cardinals!!! Super hilariously fun season.


Our life seems to be the pool. Thankful for fun buddies to play with.



The Turner crew. They can't seem to get rid of us this summer! We just keep showing up at the pool, at their restaurants, at their house. Ha! I don't think they mind. Wink Wink.

Emerson has been coveting this tea set for weeks at the pool. So I caved and bought her one. Best money I've spent in ages. They whole family loves it. So many tea parties these days. We are quite civilized and proper.

See?


They boys have started tennis, and they seem to really be enjoying it. They started with a camp last week, and they wanted to keep taking, so they are going to take on Tuesday afternoons. Taekwondo might be a thing of the past. We shall see! Decisions, decisions....it's tough being five and loving all things sporty.


We have babies!


A quick visit to BB and Pawpaws for swimming and a sugar high!


New spectacles for me.

And a lipstick nose!

Here's to an equally fun and crazy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment