Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer's End

Well the days of eating ice cream by the pool will soon be a thing of the past. We are coming up on our last week of summer. I cannot believe it. Fastest summer ever. But we are ready for school now! The boys are ready to be with their friends, mama is ready for routine, and you KNOW we are all ready for some rebel football!

But what a great summer it was! I'm so thankful for all the fun things we got to do, great places we went, and of course memories made and getting lots of time with my littlest peeps.

This kiddo is about to be SIX! I just love him.

Bath tub buddies :) These two are such siblings. They argue, play, laugh, all of the above. Carter has taken more of a parental role with Emerson, but Coop is full on her brother. So funny how their relationships are all SO different.

Meet my sweet friend, Zarabeth. We've become friends through church, and this summer she started coming over to play every couple of weeks. We've had so much fun. She LOVES Molly the cat as you can see. Thankful for her.

Are you ready???? E is!

Making a "hideout" right in the middle of the house. Not so hidden, but I wasn't going to burst their bubble.

Two weeks ago was our fourth annual Backyard Bible Club at the Arbors. Wow. I can't believe we've been out there four years now. It's an apartment complex here in Oxford made up of all tongues, tribes, and nations. It's been such a blessing to take the gospel there (along with cupcakes and crafts of course!) I love these kiddos so much.



  
I've had some time on my hands to get creative this summer, so I made this pic collage from an old print I had hanging in my room. I have SO many pictures that I would love to have hanging in my house, but no where to put them. So I found this idea, and I'm loving it in my room.

Turner Time!


Coop's new trick. He often does this when he's getting in trouble, and I'm trying to have a serious conversation with him. Lovely.



First tent camp out.... in the playroom :)

We squeezed in a trip the Hot Springs, AR last weekend. We had a ball! We started with putt putt which was a huge hit.



Emerson got hot, so we she some clothes.


 Taking a break. 

We rented a boat one day, and it was so nice. We tubed and swam and really really enjoyed being on the lake.




 BB and Pawpaw came with us. We loved having them. I grew up going to Hot Springs every summer, so it was so much fun to go back with my parents and MY kids. Sweet times. 

Pawpaw did all the driving for us. 

Carter and I had a ball on the tube. 

Emerson even got a turn!

Dada and Coop. We all tubed with each other. Even Joel and I got out there together, and my dad slung us all over. LOTS of laughs.

Carter has become very interested in games lately. Checkers, Old Maid, Slapjack, etc... So needless to say, we did lots of game playing.


This crazy crew! Carter insisted on being dressed exactly like Joel this night, so Pawpaw with his red shirt jumped in the party :)

But sadly the trip ended a little early when Emerson got the stomach bug!!! Ugh! But no one else got it, so thankfully it wasn't too bad. Poor thing. It was a sad day to see her so sick. Thankfully she bounced back super fast and was all better the next morning.

We love BWW :)




Minnie love

What a great summer! Bring on the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment