Carter had a Mario Obstacle course bday party last week. Oh my goodness...it. was. wild! When they first got there, they ran around for a few minutes, and then it was time to conquer the homemade obstacle course made mostly from items in my garage :) They had to crawl through the tunnel, run around the cones, spin on the bat, shoot the ball in the basket, ride the plasma car, carry the egg in the spoon, jump over the noodles, and run through the finish line ribbon to receive their Mario medal. It was hysterical! And you would have thought they were competing in the Olympic games! Hahaha! Anyway after everyone had a turn, we ate, sang Happy bday, and ate some more, and the rest of the party looked like the below pic...little boys whapping each other with noodles and running around like hooligans. Such a special day for my buddy.
Happy 6th Birthday, Buddy!
This day six years ago, I had no idea how my life was about to change. You were the one who turned me into Mama simply by being born. What a joyous day it was! I remember every single detail like it was yesterday.
I've watched you grow, learn, and become a big brother TWICE. You never cease to amaze me with how much you've grown and changed.
In the course of just a couple of years you've gone from a timid, stick close to mama toddler to a confident, sports loving, Mario conquering, leader of the pack, competitve, motivated, social little guy.
This past year especially you've grown leaps and bounds. You absolutely loved your first year at big school last year, and on the first day of school Monday, you walked in like you owned the place...excuse me, ran in! I'm so proud of you and so thankful for how the Lord is working in your heart.
I've seen you recognize your own sin this past year and make strides in self-control, selflessness, and obedience. I'm so thankful for how God is working on your character and changing you. I pray that you will continue to understand the gospel bit by bit and that Jesus would become your first love.
So let's think back over this past year...you've started big school like we said, you took taekwondo, but turned in your belt for a baseball bat. You mastered swimming, lost TWO teeth, built a gazillion lego sets, played way too much minecraft, worn pajamas 23 out of 24 hours a day, wrestled COUNTLESS hours with your brother, laughed more than any kid on the planet (you find humor in EVERYTHING!), learned to ride your bike without training wheels, drank a million gallons of chocolate milk, and lots more that I'm missing I'm sure.
What a year!
I love you, sweet boy. Thank you for not being too big for hugs and kisses and singing and rocking with mama yet. I've loved our dates this year, and all our many conversations about how life works. I love watching you discover God's wonderful world. You are smart, handsome, an encourager, a gift giver, but most importantly, you are a covenant child of God. I am beyond thankful that I get to be your mom. You are the best!
I love you,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment