Thursday, September 3, 2015

He's 7

Dear Carter,
It's a week past your 7th birthday. I just haven't been able to sit down to write this for some reason. I guess it's because for one we have been so busy with the start of school and two, it's like I just can't get my head around 7! I think it's because I always knew you would go to school full day when you turned seven, and it's hard to believe it's already here. I am so thankful we got an extra couple of years of you at home before you left us ALL DAY EVERYDAY. It's been a huge adjustment for you and for me. I've had you with me for 75-100 percent of the day your whole life, and all of the sudden you are gone 75 percent of the day. I'm sure I'm making a way bigger deal out of this than most, but it's just one more indicator that you are growing up quickly, becoming more and more independent every year.
As I think back on this past year, what stands out to me the most is your excitement. You got so excited about Ole Miss football last fall, crazy excited about playing basketball, excited about all the things kindergarten taught you, jump up and down excited about going to Prattville and the beach and to BB and Pawpaw's house, you did physical flips when it came time for your minecraft birthday plarty. I love this about you. You are just excited about life. Dada and I often say you are the most easily excited kid we've ever seen. When you get all excited about something, you start moving...jumping on the furniture, pacing, running through the house. I'll never ever forget how many times Dada says "Carter, do not jump on the furniture, son." on a weekly basis. Hahaha!
 I also think about how much you love your friends. You have been blessed with a sweet little crew of crazy fun boys that you absolutely adore. I love watching you all interact and laugh and throw your shirts off and smear one another in the grass and on the trampoline.
Some of things you have loved are all things minecraft...the books, the figurines, the Legos, etc..., Magic Tree House books, Legos, chocolate milk, swinging, riding your scooter, running....oh how you love to just run and run, waking up and plopping yourself down in the brown chair with a blanket, Mario on the Wii, melting beads, rainbow loom, shell mac and cheese, homemade pizzas, Kabuki Hibachi, knock knock jokes :), Laquon Treadwell, the Dallas Cowboys, wrestling with Coop, laughing hysterically over everything, hanging your head out the car window like a dog, candy, candy and more candy, dates to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, your cousins...oh my you love your extended family... when I tell you and Coop we are going to Hernando or Prattville or St. Louis to see family or if family is coming to see us, it causes and immediate flip out...BB and Pawpaw's house, BB and Pawpaw's camper, McDonalds, all things Christmas, fireworks, and the list goes on and on. I feel like I could go on for days. You just love life.
I love watching grow and watching how God has wired you. He wired you to jump up and down when you are excited and to be a picky eater. He wired you to want to take care of your siblings and to always wear your emotions on your sleeve. He wired you to scream bloody murder when you get a paper cut and always want to make crafts for other people. He wired you to be super super silly and yet so serious too.
You are such a joy, Buddy. I'm so proud of the way Jesus is working in you...making your courageous and stronger and repentant and kinder. I hope you continue to grow in your knowledge of Him and how much you need Him.
I love you, my big first grader. I'm missing you even now as I write this. Can't wait to pick you up at 3:00!
I love being your mom. Happy 7th birthday, Car Car.
Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Love you sweet Carter to the moon and stars and back!!!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete