Monday, August 16, 2010

Carter's Birthday Bash

We celebrated Carter's 2nd birthday Saturday night. It was so much fun watching his excitement over a few of his favorite things: pizza, cake, and presents!
We decided to just do a family party this year which proved to be a great choice :) It was chaotic enough with only three kids. Lots of squeals and running around!
We ended up having it at my parents' house because our A/C went out. Thanks, BB and Pawpaw for hosting the Birthday Bash!
Here are a few highlights from the Bash:


I chose to make this cake because Carter is crazy about cars and Elmo, so I combined the two loves into one cake :)
I had some batter left over, so I made him his own little smash cake.
Here is his birthday outfit...had to go along with the theme of cars of course. So I painted this shirt with craft paint...needless to say, it will all wash off in the washing machine, but it was perfect for the party.
PIZZA!!!
Seeing his cake for the first time.
All he wanted was to get that Elmo off so he could eat it.
Mmmm....strawberry.
Sharing with Coop
Family pic with the birthday boy
What a cool present from BB and Pawpaw!
Cool cup from mom and dad

Look at all those boy toys
Pawpaw bought him a bubble wand...great fun!

We had a blast celebrating our little boy's second year of life. What a blessing he has been!

3 comments:

  1. Jill, his cake is adorable! It looked so professional that I thought it was store bought-good job! So glad he had a fun birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so crafty! The cake was so cute and so was the shirt!

    ReplyDelete