Thursday, August 26, 2010

He's Two

Wow. My baby is two years old. I took the time to look back through our pictures from the past two years, and I just can't believe it. I can't believe two years ago I had a baby. My Carter Remington came into the world two whole years ago. I had no idea what a blessing I held in my arms on August 27, 2008. I had no idea how God had blessed me. I had no idea how that little tiny baby would change my life, teach me to love, and make way for God to do some pretty awesome things. 
I picked out a few of my favorite pictures of the past two years. Some are favorite facial expressions, some are milestone pics, some are just funny, some are sweet, some are major events, etc...just memories we've made.
Happy Birthday, Buddy. You are to me as good as it gets.


Dear Carter, You are two today.( I am already crying, and I JUST started typing!) 
I can't believe I got you. I can't believe you are my baby. I did nothing to deserve you, and yet I get you everyday. You are a ray of sunshine and a glimpse of the joy of heaven. For 19 months it was just you and me. You and me all day every day. I think that's why I call you Buddy...because that's what we are, buddies. We've had fun haven't we? I am laughing and crying as I think back over our good times together just you and me. We would always start our morning the same way (and still do). I would come in and sing our morning song to you. We would go get your bottle or milk, and we would snuggle on the couch for a while. Most of the time we would stay in our PJs for a couple of hours. Then you would come back to my with me and help me get ready for the day. You loved to dig in my drawers and pull out all my necklaces and brushes while I put my make up on and fixed my hair. We would go about our day doing this or that, and soon it would already be time to fix dinner. You love my tupperware, and you would come in and out of the kitchen to say hello while I was cooking dinner. Soon I would say, "DaDa home!" and your eyes would light up as you made a bee line to the door. DaDa would scoop you up in his arms, and you would giggle and bite his nose (your way of kissing him). You loved rolling around on the floor with DaDa until time for bed. Then we would give you your milk, find your YaYa, and tuck you into bed. You were and are such an amazing sleeper. You loved to be rocked. You liked to lay on your side against my chest and nestle your head in the nook of my neck while you hold your YaYa. You love to be sung to. As you got older, when I would finish a song, you would promptly say, "Again." I bet I have sung Jesus Loves Me 40,000 times since you've been born (and loved it every time).
You love books and some of your favorites were and still are Buzz Buzz Busy Bees, Hooray for Fish, and PeekaBoo. Swinging was always on our agenda for the day...rain, shine, sleet, or snow! I would sing everything from Amazing Grace to Old McDonald while I pushed you in the swing. We went outside every single day, no matter what. You always say, "Outside!" and bring us your shoes.
You are an incredible eater. Friends and family are always making comments about how much you eat. You are extremely active, so it's not surprising that you eat so much :)  When you want more, you say quite loudly, "Moe!!!!!" (your way of saying "more") Makes me laugh every time without fail.
You have a big love for music. You can even turn on the stereo yourself. We have multiple dance parties every day. You have some great moves, little buddy! You love cars, balls, airplanes, trucks, bulldozers, fire trucks, helicopters, and motorcycles.
You are so smart. You know all your colors, most of your shapes, and you can count to ten.
You have an incredible smile and the most gorgeous blues eyes I've ever seen. You are so affectionate. You are always hugging me and kissing me and sitting in my lap. You like Sesame Street and especially Elmo. "Uh Oh" is your favorite word I think, and you have your own little language that no one understands, but we can tell that you are definitely solving many of the world's problems when you talk to us with that serious facial expression.
For 19 months it was just you and me Monday through Friday, and then we were three! Coop joined our duo five months ago, and you are the best big brother. You have been very patient when I can't tend to your needs immediately, and you have been so good when I have been overwhelmed. You are great at entertaining yourself, and you seem to sense when I need you to do so. It was your hugs and kisses that I know God sent me to get me through the tough and crazy times.
Carter, you are so worth all my hard work. I can't tell you how much I want to do a good job at being your mommy. I want to be the mom to you that God wants me to be. I know I mess up sometimes, and when I do, you are so quick to forgive. Like tonight when I lost my patience because you were wanting food NOW and Cooper was crying for his bottle. After things had calmed down, you ran right over to me with your arms extended and said, "Up" and gave me a big hug. You make my job so easy. You are so sweet and compliant. You obey quickly, and you want to please. Thank you for being so good. I am amazed at how compassionate you are at such a young age. You want everybody to be happy and your heart is so tender. Your feelings are easily hurt which can be tricky sometimes, but your sweet heart is a gift from God and is one of the traits that makes you such a great kid (and will one day make you the best husband!)
Your laughter is so contagious! You love to laugh and you laugh A LOT! The joy you have brought into this home is priceless. DaDa and I have had many belly laughs watching you grow up and do funny things in the process. Sometimes I lie in bed at night and just laugh silently under the covers at something you did that day. You love to make funny faces, drum on anything, throw things, tackle DaDa, smear your food on the table, eat raisins (ashians), I could keep going for days!
You love your BB and PawPaw. You constantly ask me where they are by saying, "Olla BB? Olla PawPaw?" It's crazy that I know exactly what you are saying. Ha! You love going to their house and jumping on their bed...things like that are allowed at BB and PawPaw's :)
One of my favorite things you do is make your praying hands when it's time to bless our food or say our bedtime prayers. You know that Jesus loves you and you know that God made you. Two truths that will carry you through anything!
I feel like there is so much to say about you, little man, but I'll just say I love you, and I am so so so glad God gave me YOU! You are my sunshine, and I treasure every moment of your life.
Happy Second Birthday! I hope you have a VERY special day :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Carter! You are a precious gift from God. I am so thankful for all of our fun play dates at your house and that you were Emily's first friend. Emily still talks about you a lot and we miss you terribly! But maybe one day you'll be my son-in law ;) lol. Hey, we can always dream, can't we?
    Jill, I love this letter...so sweet and it made me cry. I can't believe our babies are TWO! Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, just got caught up on your super fun blog. LOVED this post on carter's second birthday. You are such an amazing, loving and energetic mommy. I think the world of you, and love you very much! Oh, love the pics of the new house, too! Again, you are amazing for having it so organized ALREADY! Please come help me :) Love you sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute little tushy in the pooland now it is a nice tightpussy

    ReplyDelete