Monday, August 9, 2010

What's going on

So what's been going on with us lately? Well, Joel and I had a little mini getaway to Oxford this weekend (so fun!...thanks BB and PawPaw for keeping the boys!) We went to eat at Lenora's, stayed one night at the Alumni hotel, and went to look at houses Saturday morning. We saw so many great houses, but none of them measure up to our house now. I love this house. I want to take it with me!
As excited as I am about moving to Oxford (if we even end up moving..who knows what God has planned), it is really tough to live in limbo. We feel led to move to Oxford, but it hard to see how it is all going to work out. First we have to sell our house...no bites whatsoever. It is a total pain trying to keep this house clean with two kids and get out for showings, open houses, etc...Gotta do what you gotta do though :) Then we have to decide if we want to build or buy and where. We are actually considering renting for a while so we can figure out exactly what we want to do. BUT like I said, our house has to sell first, so who knows what will happen.
Other than cleaning and showing our house, not too much is going on around here. Carter and Cooper start "school" in a few weeks. Carter will be going two days a week, and Cooper will be going one day. I am looking forward to Fall for many reasons. A change in pace, better weather, Bible study starting up again, more of a schedule, etc...Plus it means are closer to the holidays. Eeeeee!
Carter's Birthday is coming up...so weird that he'll be two. I am going to attempt to making him a car cake. He really likes cars right now, so we'll see how this turns out. I'll be sure to post pics of my masterpiece :) We are celebrating his birthday this weekend with my family. We decided not to do a party this year for several reasons. So we are just having my brother and sister in law and their two girls over along with my parents. Just going to have pizza and cake. We are doing it this weekend because my sister in law is about to have her baby any day now! I can't wait to see his reaction to cake, pizza, and lots of presents :)

Here are few pictures from the past week or so.
Carter absolutely positively LOVES music! I think it's what makes his little life worth living in his mind :) He knows how to turn the stereo on himself, and he does it several times a day so he can have his own little dance party.

Look at my Cook....couldn't you just eat him up? He is getting so big.

Deep in thought about something...actually he was probably just watching Elmo :)

He has hit the oral fixation stage early. EVERYTHING goes in the mouth!
 
Poor Coop-man gets swung really high and really fast. He is such a trooper.

1 comment: