Monday, December 13, 2010

Just another week in Paradise

Two posts in a row, I've pictured Coop's buns....I must think they are cute or something :) Clearly, my children are not malnourished. This is right after his bath...He is so mobile and wiggly now that I can hardly get him dressed before he rolls over and crawls away! Watch out, Coop is on the move!

Carter's "silly face"...he also has a surprise face and an evil eye face. Love this kiddo. He has been making me laugh hysterically lately. Since the thumb left our lives, his speech has improved like you wouldn't believe. He is talking up a storm and SO CLEARLY. I can't get over some of the things he says. He is like a little parrot.
Can I brag on him for a minute? He is such a happy kid. I prayed during my pregnancies that my kids would be happy kids, and I have to say that God clearly answered that prayer. I absolutely love listening to them giggle and laugh. Carter has been so obedient lately!!! Don't get me wrong...he's two...he has his moments and definitely pushes his limits at times, but overall, he is super sweet, and he wants to please. He responds to discipline so well. I am very proud of him! Can you tell? Besides being so good, he is so darn fun! (and handsome, I must say) I think I'll keep him around :)

How could you not love that little stinker?!

All ready for church


Look at my little Coop. I think everytime I write about Coop, I talk about how easy he is. It's because he is SO EASY. Once again, God answered my prayer...he is so happy and content to just sit and play. Look at his four teeth. He is starting to look like a little boy and not a baby :(

Gotta love a whisk for 30 minutes of entertainment.

BB comes EVERY WEEK to love on my babies (and me!). We were in Chick-fil-A last week, and someone told her that she truly has a ministry by coming to help me. I second that with an AMEN! What would we do without our BB? She comes loaded with candy in her purse...Carter goes digging immediately upon her arrival. She hugs and kisses all over the boys, feeds them, plays with them, babysits them so I can run errands, folds my laundry, unloads my dishwasher, brings lots of adult conversation to me :), and so much more! We love you, BB! Thanks for all you do for us.

Side note: I took a meal to a girl in Oxford Sunday who has really been through a lot in her life. She lost a child ten days into his life, and she also had a premature baby who had lots of complications and still has an upcoming surgery. Talking with her was such an encouragement. She has such a strong faith in the midst of her trials. I can't imagine what she's been through, but her joy was what struck me. She was so happy and yet so honest. She wasn't in denial at all. We were talking about trials in life, and she said something that stuck with me. She said that it doesn't matter how big or small your trial may seem; it's big to God. What an encouraging thing to say! My trials are big to God. And so are yours.

2 comments: