Coop hasn't been able to play in the tub much like most little babies because of his excema, but today I decided to let him splash around for a little while. He loved it. He kept kicking his little fat legs with excitement.
Something so cute about a baby bootie :)
Side note not relating to Coop's bath:
I feel so blessed this Advent season. Christmas is so much fun with kids. Just watching my boys marvel at the Christmas tree this past week has been fun to watch. Carter is always pointing to things around town saying, "LIGHTS!" He also says, "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" He is into the Christmas season this year for sure.
I know I have said this before on here, but having kids is simply the best. I have felt very overwhelmed lately with trying to balance all my responsibilites, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
As you know, we have recently weened Carter from the thumb which has been quite stressful trying to get his sleep straightened out. Besides that, I am really trying to be consistent with discipline, keep Coop fed and rested, keep a clean house, keep food in the pantry and on the table...ahhhhh! So much responsibility! I often feel helpless. But I am thankful for the feeling because it has truly brought my dependence on God to a whole new level. Having these two little lives under my care has been the biggest tool of sanctification EVER EVER EVER! God has humbled me and humbled me by showing me everyday that I desperately need His help to do a good job at this whole mom thing. So all that to say, I am thankful lately for my babies and how God has used them to change me into a softer, better person. In the words of Elisabeth Elliot, "I don't want to miss one lesson."
God Bless you this Advent season! Emmanuel has come, He has saved us, and He will come again!
No comments:
Post a Comment