Today while sitting in the Chickfila drive thru getting my kids' lunch (don't judge me...I am tired today....stayed up unitl 3am Saturday night....I am getting old) I heard an oldie but goodie. Do you remember John Michael Montgomery's song, "Life's a Dance?" It took me waaaaaay back after hearing it today. I mean waaaaaay back. Like 20 years ago back.
When I was just a kiddo, I would watch CMT for hours. Cheesy country music videos and top 20 countdowns....I love it.
Anyway, the lyrics to this song are great. It really resonates with this whole parenting thing Joel and I are trying to figure out. It's true....you learn as you go.
You can watch the cheesy video here or if you are too cool for cheesy, then the lyrics are below :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVeMsFn1Ms
Speaking of a super cheesy, waaaay back country music video, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLZD4KFUD4&feature=related
Speaking of a super cheesy, waaaay back country music video, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLZD4KFUD4&feature=related
Bahahahaha! Hilarious.
When I was fourteen I was falling fast
For a blue eyed girl in my homeroom class
Trying to find the courage to ask her out
Was like trying to get oil from a waterspout
What she would have said I can't say
I never did ask and she moved away
But I learned something from my blue eyed girl
Sink or swim you gotta give it a whirl
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
The longer I live the more I believe
You do have to give if you wanna recieve
There's a time to listen, a time to talk
And you might have to crawl even after you walk
Had sure things blow up in my face
Seen the longshot, win the race
Been knocked down by the slamming door
Picked myself up and came back for more
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
For a blue eyed girl in my homeroom class
Trying to find the courage to ask her out
Was like trying to get oil from a waterspout
What she would have said I can't say
I never did ask and she moved away
But I learned something from my blue eyed girl
Sink or swim you gotta give it a whirl
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
The longer I live the more I believe
You do have to give if you wanna recieve
There's a time to listen, a time to talk
And you might have to crawl even after you walk
Had sure things blow up in my face
Seen the longshot, win the race
Been knocked down by the slamming door
Picked myself up and came back for more
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
No comments:
Post a Comment