We had a whirlwind of a week last week! We were already pretty worn out from Coop's big day on Saturday, but that didn't slow us down. We had a jam packed week ahead. Sunday started out with a neighborhood turtle discovery. So. much. fun. Whitten, our little neighbor found it.
This is Whitten, the finder of frogs, lizards, and turtles. The best kind of neighbor in Carter's book!
Coop's buddy, Mary Katharine
Off to school Monday morning!
Then Monday afternoon some of Joel's family members arrived to spend a few days. Susan, Ginny, Hannah, Bekah, and Caleb came for some Oxford fun. Pictured above is Caleb and Carter in our new JUMPY HOUSE! This is what we got Coop for his birthday. Great decision! The boys love it and are sleeping extra soundly at night.
This is how our time with Ginny started. Hahahaha! A wipeout! And this was the middle of the day....no alcohol involved. I love a good laugh, and I can always count on Ginny to give me a few. Hahaha!
Hannah and Bekah....getting so old. Beautiful nieces.
Tub O Cousins
While Susan, Ginny, and the kids were here, we celebrated Coop's actual birthday. I ran and got a Kroger cake, and he blew out candles once again.
Susan, my mother in law. Always so sweet to us. We were so glad they came for a visit! Lots of good talks and good bonding time for the cousins. We love y'all!!!
Joel left mid week to go out of town for a few days, so Thursday and Friday it was just me and the boys. We hung around the house Thursday, and Coop wore these shoes around and modeled as I did mounds of laundry. Thursday afternoon we went to Jack's birthday party, and then came home for an early bedtime.
Friday we went on a fun walk at the park with a good friend and got to feed the fish. Friday night we met my parents at Cracker Barrell, and look what Coop got!
You know who got one too. All smiles! BB and Pawpaw are always the providers of great treats :)
Joel got home Friday night, and Saturday we dyed eggs.
Okay, so we could use some lessons in egg decorating.
Hee Hee
We went on an egg hunt Saturday on the square.
Coop and the Easter Bunny. Carter wasn't going anywhere near that giant rabbit!!
Grafton, Carter, and Robert. These are Carter's buddies from school. He loves these two!
Saturday afternoon we went to another egg hunt at one of Carter's school friends' house. All the kids were obsessed with all the catepillars in their yard. Who knew caterpillars were more fun than a bouncy house?
And the finale to my week.....this beautiful piece of art. I posted a picture of this on Facebook several weeks back saying that I had to get one of these for my kitchen, and guess what....Leigh Ann Lott made it for me!!! She mailed it to me, and I immediately hung it above my sink. Rap lyrics in needlepoint...the irony kills me, and the lyrics ring so true to my heart on a daily basis. Funniest present I have ever received. Love love love it! Already thankful for the many smiles this will bring while I am losing my mind :)
Exhaustion is my middle name after such a busy week, but all the fun was worth it! Here's to a lazy week this week...
Great pics and fun,fun,fun!!!! Love,BB
ReplyDelete