My BFF came to Oxford!!! Nancy and her sweet girls, Emily and Kate, came to visit earlier this week. This was a special treat because Nancy and I talk ALL THE TIME. If we aren't talking, we are texting. If we aren't texting, we are emailing. I know every move she makes and vice versa. It's one continual conversation really.
But because of newborns, nursing babies, working husbands, and 8 hours distance between us, we rarely actually see each other (besides in pictures). When I say rarely, I mean twice a year at most.
So them making the trek down south was a huge treat!
I wish we had gotten more pictures, but with four overly excited kids, pictures are easier said than done. Nancy got some good ones on her fancy camera, so I will post those when I get them.
A little bedtime snack. And boy were we ready for them to go to bed! We were exhausted trying to keep up with them all day. Plus it was the only time we could have uninterrupted conversation.
Joel holding baby Kate. She is looking at that beard like it's a monster. Hahaha!
After jumping in the jumpy house and running from "dragons" all morning, we finally forced them to sit and watch Nemo for a few minutes.
These two were instant buddies....giggles, giggles, and more giggles. They were so excited to see each other. The adrenaline was so high for so long that they both crashed by the end of the visit. Just too much fun for those little three year old little bodies to handle.
Jumpy house fun. They loved jumping together.
Such a fun visit! Loved having my friend in my house. And it wasn't even a sad goodbye because we are going to the beach together in three weeks! And even more fun...Cecile Gray is coming too!! She is the third muskateer :) CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!
And on a different note, isn't Joel just the coolest?!!! So proud of him! He is the hardest worker I know and the smartest person I know! So so so very proud of him! But just so you know, he might be the best financial planner in the land, but he's an even better husband and DaDa :) Love you, Hub!
Congrats to Joel!! Hope y'all have a great time at the beach!! Wish I was going with y'all! :) Post lots of pics!!!
ReplyDeleteLoved seeing this post in my google reader! It was so fun seeing y'all and I'm so excited about the beach! I'm hoping to go through those pics during nap today so I will get them to you ASAP! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Benton saw this up on the computer and he said that's so sweet of them to call you the 3rd musketeer but I'd have to disagree! He said it's more like y'all are mickey and donald duck and I'm just Pluto going along for the ride. ha! Thanks babe. Love the honesty.
ReplyDelete