No, that is not my dad's stomach (His name is Charlie Emerson if you didn't know). That is mine, and yes, there is a baby in there! Can you believe it?! And isn't his/her name perfect?
We are thrilled beyond thrilled about this little blessing. I always thought I wanted three kids.
That is until I had two. Ha!
I was very content with two and had made my mind up that our family was perfect and complete. I had the perfect amount on my daily plate of duties I thought. Plus newborns give me serious anxiety. I am talking can't eat, can't sleep, crazy anxiety for two months. I have no idea why. Combination of hormones, type A personality, and fatigue I think. So because of my horrible postpardom-ness (this is not an exaggeration; ask anyone who knows me; they will tell you I am coo coo for two months after giving birth) and my already full daily life, I was finished and very content.....until....drum roll...
Joel. wasn't. finished.
Not in a pushy sort of way, of course. He just had the desire for one more. And clearly so did I deep down.
So, I took that tid bit of knowledge, and I mulled over it, and I prayed over it, and lo and behold around Christmas, I started getting baby fever. My good friend, Kyle was pregnant, and it seemed everywhere I went, there were babies, and every week some friend would find out she was pregnant. And my boys were getting so big and old and not baby-ish anymore. And before I knew it, I was all in and ready to flush the pills down the drain!
Four months later on Coop's second birthday, I found my heart REALLY longing for a positive pregnancy test. A month later (the month we didn't try to get pregnant) I couldn't drink my coffee one morning, and I knew! Hallelujah! Praise Jesus! I was so very excited.
I took two tests to confirm my intuition, and Joel came home to little boys in "Big Brother" t-shirts.
The celebration hasn't stopped since.
We can't for December 28th to get here, so we can meet our little Charlie Emerson.
He/she is already so loved...especially by two excited little boys.
So in pregnancy details, I am feeling great! I am ten weeks along and feeling tired, but nothing unbearable. I am soooo thankful I am not nauseated and sick. I can't imagine trying to keep up with my life while being sick.
I am already showing as you can see. Not huge by any means, but the third baby pops out much faster than the first two. Guess my stomach muscles are pretty much shot at this point.
Let me share some other news with you:
We did not get pregnant to try and have a girl. Hahaha!
It's an honest question I get every single day. Here is how it goes:
"Oh you decided to try for that girl...wink wink"
"Oh you are pregnant! Are you hoping for a girl?"
"Oh my goodness, how exciting would it be if it was a girl?!"
"I hope for your sake that you have a girl. Girls are so much calmer and so sweet."
None of this offends me in the least! So feel free to keep telling me of your female hopes:). I like people's honesty, but I just thought I would let my readers know in advance in case you were wondering if I was up begging God every night to give me a girl. I am not. We will be thrilled with a house full of wild boys or a sweet little girl. Healthy is my prayer!
So there you go! Big news from the Bells! We are praising the Lord for this wonderful gift, and looking forward to this journey and the many blessings (and challenges) to come. You know I will be keepin' it real on here, so stay tuned!
Congrats! A little bird actually told me a few weeks ago, but was waiting for the official news. And so fun if it's a third boy or if it's a baby girl with two big brothers to watch over her - either way it will be a perfect fit for your family!
ReplyDeleteThank you much!! Who is this?
DeleteWhat exciting news! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYay JILL!!! SO SO excited for y'all. I love the name Charlie! you know thats my daddy's name too:)) love you!!
ReplyDelete-Jac
That is SO wonderful!!! Congrats *100!!! Hope you keep feeling well. Miss y'all in Memphis!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I could have all boys too, they are so fun!
ReplyDeleteCute, Cute, Cute way to tell us you are pregnant!!! I love the name too, and I know your dad is tickled to death. Trey really wants three kids, but I don't feel like right now is the best time for him to be telling me that!!! I am so happy for y'all!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Jill! I know exactly how you feel about the whole girl/boy thing. I just knew Hope was another boy. I was shocked to find out she was a girl! I am so happy for you and I will pray for you to have a healthy baby and an easy pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Nicole Hulse.