Sunday, July 1, 2012

So what's the skinny?

We sold our house! And bought another one...in a matter of six days. Yes, it's true. Good ole facebook sold our house for us to an old college friend. What a blessing! Once we realized they were serious about our house, we got serious about finding another one. I had recently looked at a spec house across town that I loved, and the more we revisited it, the more excited we got about it. It's an open floor plan on a lake! I am so so so very excited about the floor plan of this house. I will have three bedrooms downstairs! Yes, that means ALL my kids will be downstairs...WAY less trucking my pregnant self up and down stairs. We feel so blessed that it all happened so easily and quickly. Thank you, Lord, for sparing this hormonal, pregnant lady lots of the craziness that goes with buying and selling a house!
I don't have much to show you in pictures...mostly because the house is still under construction. It won't be finished until August 9th...that's our moving day. But here are a few glimpses. This is our backyard. It's a much bigger backyard that we have now even though you can't really tell the size of it by this picture. No worries...we are getting it securely fenced.

Kitchen...chaos, I know.

Dining area...love the brick!

The most exciting part...a playroom!!!! Goodbye hot wheels and trains under my feet! Well maybe just not as many hot wheels and trains under my feet :)

Here is the granite they chose. LOVE!

The rustic floors. They went with a "modern rustic" theme for the whole house. It's really unique. I won't have to worry about my boys scratching up this floor!

The chandelier. I love it. So feminine...which is fantastic in my opinion to balance our the rustic floors. I love the lady who designed all this!

Here is the fence I chose. Wrought iron look without the price!

I didn't put a picture of the outside just in case I have a stalker on here or something. But the outside is painted brick...very lovely.

Can't wait to have friends and family over to fish and eat burgers and enjoy the openness of this house. We are so thankful for this blessing and hope we make lots of beautiful memories with our children. Little Charlie Emerson will be brought home to this house, so it become sentimental very quickly!

Here are a few pics from our week:
Joel bought me Lady Antebellum tickets for Valentine's Day. So. much. fun! Darius Rucker opened for them. Fun times with my thoughtful hub. He doesn't even like country music. What a trooper :)

Soulshine Pizza...one of our faves. Isn't Carter so cool?

Frogs, bugs, worms...yuck. This poor frog. He "loved" it death. Literally. This boy loves him some critters.

Chocolate pudding...a crowd pleaser.

See?

Dada and his buddies. Did I mention that Dada is the coolest person in the world to them? He might as well be a real life superhero. They go running to him when he gets home, and heaven forbid I threaten to put one of them to bed....instant tears! "No, Dada take me night night!!!!" Ha! It's nice to be unwanted sometimes :)

Hee Hee!

I hate to end on a sad note, but in other news, we lost our cat, Dixie. She just disappeared several days ago, and we haven't seen her since. Hoping she shows up, but it isn't looking hopeful :( Praying she show up! Carter will miss her so!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment