Friday, July 27, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!
Yes, it's true! We are thrilled beyond thrilled to be having a HEALTHY baby girl!
When the ultrasound tech told me, I immediately sat straight up and covered my mouth in shock. I about jumped off the table all together! I was simply NOT expecting it. I was full of shock and excitement. I just felt like I was a boy producing mom, so when she said "you're having a girl," my world was immediately turned upside down. Yay!!! How exciting! 
Joel is just as thrilled! He thought all along it was a girl, so it wasn't quite the shock to him. He is so very excited about a little girl to love on.

Here are a few glimpses from our day of celebration:
See the three lines? Clearly a girl. The ultrasound tech said she would bet her first born's life on this one, so I think it's safe to say it's a girl :)

  I ordered the boys a cake from a local bakery right after I found out. It was a very fun way to tell them the news. Carter kept saying afterwards, "Mama, can you believe it's a girl?!" Sweet boy is so excited. He had waited all day long for that cake.
Here is a video the cake cutting. Notice Carter says he wants her name to be "Baby Emerson." And Coop says it's a "gull." Priceless moments.




Baby girl and I are still outnumbered by our guys :) Just means we will be extra loved and protected.

Surprise faces....love Coop's. Hee Hee.

All thanks to our merciful God for the blessing of a healthy baby girl. We are thankful beyond words. An unforgettable day.

2 comments:

  1. BB and Pawpaw are thrilled that we are going to have another precious granddaughter!! She will have two precious big brothers to look out for her and we can't wait to get to meet her:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!! Opposite of me!! SO much fun! Those boys are going to LOVE their little sister!

    ReplyDelete