Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tis the Season

I. Love. Christmas. Everything about it...the tree, the lights, the stockings, the baking, the parties, the worship, the advent devotionals, etc... Absolutely the most wonderful time of the year. I find myself having a little more pep in my step this time of year. And even more joyous this year is that Baby Girl will be here any day now! I am 37 weeks Friday...cannot believe it. We have been soaking up all the fun around Oxford, baking at home, listening to Christmas carols, watching Christmas cartoons, and simply soaking up every ounce of the season. It's fun to be so full of anticipation...anticipation for Christmas morning and anticipation for Emerson's arrival. We might just burst from all the excitement around here.

Superhero faces from these two. As long as I live, I will never forget how animated Coop has been as a two year old. His face says it all. He has a facial reaction to just about everything that happens to him. It's one of his best qualities. My little animated buddy.

BB entered the fort last night and told a story about two bunnies and a frog. Only BB would be such a sport! These boys are so blessed.

I can't handle the cuteness. 

I got Emerson a Christmasy gown. Can't wait to put her in front of the tree and snap a few of her on her first Christmas morning. Dying to meet this little girl!!! That's the understatement of the century!

This guy might possibly love Christmas more than his mama. He has been on cloud nine since the moment we brought down the tree. He is wide eyed and full of child-like wonder. Makes it all so special. I am soaking up these few Christmases I have with wide eyed, unashamedly excited kids. Priceless times and memories.

I have no idea what he's thinking here, but I didn't think they were supposed to look at you like this for years. "Mother, put that camera up, and get a life!" Haha!

I am so bummed this pic turned out blurry!!! Ugh. Joel and I had a little getaway last weekend. So much fun. Why don't we do that more often?? Oh yeah...because we have kids. Ha! BB and PawPaw came to our aid as usual and kept the boys for us to have a quick weekend getaway to Memphis where we ate, slept, and did some fun Christmas shopping. So thankful for my Hub and loved having him all to myself! Isn't he such a sport to sit on Santa's lap to appease his wife? A sweetheart.

Fly came back this year! And he is up to all sorts of craziness. Here he is reading the Bible to some friends. He's a mischievous one, I tell you! 

Sweet baby boy...He is asking Santa for candy canes for Christmas. (P.S. We got them a trampoline...I am about to burst having to wait until Dec. 25th to give it to them! Gonna be a Christmas morning for the history books.) I think he will be pleasantly surprised to see that Santa bypassed the candy canes for a trampoline!

No comments:

Post a Comment