Sunday, March 17, 2013

HULK SMASH!

We had Coop's Hulk Smash birthday bash yesterday, and boy oh boy, was it ever a bash! He had a LARGE time, felt like the most special, coolest boy in the world, and was spoiled rotten, rotten, rotten! And this mama loved every minute of it. There is nothing sweeter than seeing your baby full of uncontainable excitement and feeling like the king of the world for a day. Priceless. 
I say this every birthday party, but I love a birthday party....it's just a small glimpse into the celebration we'll have in glory...celebrating King Jesus at the ultimate celebration...the marriage supper of the Lamb. If it's this much fun celebrating my baby boy here on earth, how much more glorious celebrating our King in paradise? 
Birthday parties are also a time for me to reflect back on the previous year at God's blessings...memories made, struggles had, and milestones met. Of course there is a little sadness too...my babies are getting big, so of course I grieve every passing year, but even more it's a time to celebrate this gift from God...His blessing of a child. Thank you, Lord, for my Cooper. I am grateful beyond grateful.

All suited up in their superhero shirts and ready to go!




Can you believe how ugly those cupcake toppers are? Bahahaha! He was soooo proud of these cupcakes. I might as well have given him a million bucks when I showed them to him that morning. It was pure joy in his eyes.






Getting his Hulk Smash face on.


TWO bouncy houses for the Hulk Smash party. We didn't need any busted heads with all those wild boys trying to cram in one, so we split them up by borrowing another bouncy, and guess what....no casualties. A minor miracle!



My babies.

BB was the babysitter of course. How do other moms pull off birthday parties without a BB? It's beyond me how I could EVER do anything like a birthday party much less raise my children on a daily basis without the help of BB. She is the servant of all servants! Thank you, BB, for your tireless labor on behalf our family.


Uncle Chas was of course Coop's guest of honor. He can't get enough of Uncle Chas.

I had to wear my "Hulk Shirt" too. 

Sweet birthday boy


Have your heard the news? Yes, it's true. My boys are recently into Star Wars. Here we go...let's just hope it's a little more tame than the superhero phase.

 Pawpaw taking over babysitting duty for a bit. This is right before she pooped on him :)
And the party ended with tons of presents, and everyone taking home a goodie bag filled with candy, stickers, and hulk soap. Yes, that's right. Hulk soap. How cool is that? I stole the idea from a friend. Super easy and so fun to give as a party favor.

We love you, Coop Coop, and we couldn't be more thankful for you, our happy, outgoing, hilariously animated little boy. Love you to pieces, and had a blast celebrating three years of YOU!
Stay tuned for his yearly birthday letter on March 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment