Thursday, March 28, 2013

Three whole years

Dear Coop,
Three whole years today, big boy! Wowee. Look at you. So big and so handsome. I could just eat those cheeks up. Your third year of life has been an absolute joy. I said it in your second birthday letter, and I'll say it again, if I had to describe you in one phrase I would say, you are a bright little light. You light up any room, event, restaurant, home, or party you attend. You are very cheerful, joyful child, and it's oh so contagious. You make everyone around you smile and giggle. Your animated faces, excitement for life, and happy disposition bring loads of joy to our family and so many more. We can always count on you to give us your "superhero face," say something hilarious, or bust a dance move. You are constant entertainment, and almost always the center of attention and the life of the party. 
Not only are you a bright light, you are an explorer. Every time I don't hear from you for a few minutes, I immediately say, "Cooooop, where are you?!" And inevitably, you are digging in a drawer, a closet, playing in the bathroom (ugh!), dumping out all sorts of food items in the pantry, etc... I love your independence! It's such a great quality, and that's what I HAVE to continually remind myself as you daily make large, sometimes catastrophic, expensive messes due to trying to do it "by myself."
Speaking of "by myself," you potty trained yourself a couple of months ago. You started wanting to go in the potty when Emerson was only a month old, so I told you not to start that yet! Well that's all it took. You are a determined little stinker. All of the sudden you were coming out of the bathroom with no pants on! You were going in there and using the potty all by yourself. So here we are two months later, and you've only had two or three accidents. Way to go, Coop! I didn't have to do a thing!!! So proud of you. 
This year you have loved all things superhero...especially the Incredible Hulk. You love swords, shields, light sabers, guns....any sort of weaponry. You love to eat candy (of course), all types of bread, "keynut butter and jealous" sandwiches, but most especially you love your milk and grape juice. We have to limit your liquid, so you will actually eat!
You love visitors...BB and Pawpaw most of all. You love your Dada!! You two have loads of fun making Chewbacca noises, eating French toast on Saturdays, snuggling in bed before lights out, and reading Bible stories early in the morning before the rest of roll out of bed. You are quick to run and greet him excitedly at the door every night when he comes home with a big hug and kiss.
You love the trampoline, the "pizza place," the candy store, going to visit Dada at his office for a piece of chocolate, riding your tractor, watching Caillou, all your many, many stuffed animals and blankets you sleep with, and most of all, you LOVE WEARING PAJAMAS! As of now, it seems to be your favorite thing in life...seriously. You run back to your room immediately upon entering the house and put your pajamas on no matter what time of day. 
My most favorite quality about you is your willingness to share. You and Carter love all the same things, so it's an everyday occurrence that you both want the same toy or pair of pajamas. And inevitably, you almost always say, "Here Carter, you can have this or Here Carter, you can wear these." Melts my heart every single time. That is such an unusual quality in a three year old boy! I am so thankful.
You and Carter are the absolute best of friends and of course worst enemies too. But most of the time you two play so well together. Y'all will play superheroes, defeat dragons, play the Ipad for hours on end. I love listening to your conversations at night before bed. You two are in your bunk beds solving all the world's problems, discussing how old you will be on your next birthday, what type of presents you want, who your favorite superheroes are, etc... Such priceless memories for a mama. I pray y'all are always as close as you are right now.
Lately, you will look over at me, or Dada, or Carter and say, "Mama, you are the best, or Dada, you are the best, or even, I am the best too." :) Yes, Coop, you are the best! You have been so sweet to Emerson since she entered our lives. At first you didn't really even notice her, but lately, you have been giving her toys, blankets, and patting her on the head. I was worried you might struggle when she was born, but you haven't shown even tiny bit of jealousy! You have such a sweet heart. It amazes me at times how truly kind you are.
Coop, you are my snuggler, my giggler, my bathtime loving, happy little boy. Your BIG blue eyes, bright blonde hair, and squishy little thighs are irresistable. I love you more than I could ever say or show you. You are gift from God, and you are my sunshine. I will forever be grateful that I get to be your mama, and that I get to be the one to hold you, take care of you, and watch you grow up. Thank you for being such a fantastic, joyous kiddo. I am oh so proud of you. Happy third birthday!
Love,
Mama

Here is a look back at your third year:


























 
Love you, Coop Coop!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Jill! I could eat those cheeks up too---my Miles has them too (and baby Way) and I know they won't be here forever, cuz they have to grow up and get lean. Boo! :)
    Also, can't remember where you got your trampoline--can you point me in the right direction? Something to research??

    ReplyDelete