Friday, January 8, 2010

Big Boy Room and Nursery





I can't believe it's almost time to move my baby all the way upstairs! He is going to seem so far away. My goal is to move him by the end of the month so that he won't feel like he's being "booted" out of the nursery. He loves going upstairs and playing, so I'm hoping that this will be an easy transition. I am moving his crib up with him for at least the first few months, maybe a lot longer...he just seems too young to go to a big bed right now. Plus, he is such a good sleeper that I don't want to mess with a good thing. I went ahead and bought another crib on Craigslist for Cooper so that Carter can keep his for as long as he wants/needs it.

I found Carter's jungle quilt on Ebay and his bed rails on Craigslist. I didn't put a picture of it on here, but I also bought a brown slip cover and put it on an old recliner we had so that I can still rock him. I am going to savor the rocking as long as possible. I don't want him to grow up! I painted his giraffe growth chart because I couldn't find one I liked anywhere that wasn't at least $75. Scrap wood and a little craft paint did the trick :)

One of the perks of having a second boy is that I am not changing anything about the nursery except for the name above the crib (obviously). My sister-in-law, Ginny, found these letters at Hobby Lobby for her son, Caleb, and I decided to copy her because I thought they were so cute.
It's hard to imagine that little Cooper will be here in a just a few months! We are so excited. I know life will be crazy for a while, but I can only imagine the fun we will have in the years to come with our two boys.


1 comment:

  1. carter has his own queen-sized bed now? when did our sweet babies go and grow up on us?
    xoxo,
    beth

    ReplyDelete