Monday, March 28, 2011

One Whole Year Old Today!

Enjoy this recap of my baby boy's first year of life...these are some of my favorites:





























Dear Cooper,
You are one year old today. Big day for you, my little man. This first birthday is a giant milestone. You are officially a toddler....no longer a baby, still my baby though. I have mixed emotions about today. My heart is full as I look back over the past year, but I am also a little sad because you really aren't a baby anymore. As my friend, Megan put it, "I love my toddler, but I'm gonna miss my baby."
You are my angel, Coop Coop. From the very first time I saw you, you were so incredibly special to me. Well, actually the very first moment I knew you existed, you were special to me. You came only 19 months after Carter, and I am so happy God planned it that way. I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant with you. I was ready for another child, and I am so glad God gave me YOU. You were and are the perfect addition to our little family.
What do I love about you? I guess the real question is what's not to love?! First of all, you are sweet....so very sweet. You have the sweetest spirit, and your smile could melt a heart of stone. You were the most laid back baby, and you still are when you aren't tired or hungry :) Although lately, you are starting to have an opinion about things which is just hilarious. Even if you are in mid fuss, I can easily make you smile. You don't put up much of a fight and never have.
I say you are so chill, and you are, but even with your laid back personality, you are into EVERYTHING. You are a fast crawler, and if I look away for one minute, you are in the toilet, the TV cabinet, the laundry room, up the stairs, etc... You also want me to hold you all the time, which can wear a mama out considering you weigh 24 pounds! But chasing you and holding you is the most rewarding job in the world, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I can't imagine doing anything else all day everyday besides taking care of you and being with you.
Let's talk about your big blue eyes...oh my...and those chubby legs...oh me, oh my...and when you scrunch up that little nose....oh my goodness. Well, you get the picture. I am smitten.
Things you like: Oranges, Elmo (especially Mr. Noodle), Cedarmont Kids, Laughing at Carter, your mornings with DaDa (you are an early bird!), our back porch, swinging, eating paper....lovely, your hippo yaya, your blue blanket, riding in the cozy coupe, bath time, and climbing the stairs.
Your kisses are my favorite. You love to press your face up against mine and grin and drool all over me and rub noses and cheeks and foreheads with me. I treasure these "whole face kisses"...they are priceless and make even the toughest day worth it all.
Lately when someone comments on your age, I start getting teary. It's not that I don't want you to grow up, it's just that it's all happening so fast. I feel like the sand is slipping through my hands, and I can't seem to stop it. I have become such a softy.
As I think back over the past year, I just smile. I remember the night you were born. I sent Joel home after we got settled in our room because I wanted him home when Carter woke up the next morning, and it was just me and you. It was such a special time...me and my new baby boy. I can remember just looking at you and thinking how beautiful you were and how thankful I was that God gave you to me. I was so humbled, so nervous to have this new responsibility, but also so very, very excited to get to know you.
I remember the first few weeks at home. We spent almost all our time outside while Carter ran around the yard playing. I remember trying to sell our house and thinking what a trooper you were as we showed our house, packed it up, and drug you through a big move to Oxford.
I remember rocking you and humming "Jesus Loves Me" over and over and over in the middle of the night as you laid on my chest. I still rock you before every nap and every single night before I put you down for the night and hum Jesus Loves Me to you. It's our special time, and you almost always look up at me and grin, and then nuzzle your face into your lovie on my shoudler. I love rocking my baby boy.
Thank you, Coop Coop, for being such a sweet, special little boy. I am so honored and blessed to be your mama. Your first year of life was an absolute blast...I can't even begin to imagine the next 17 years. You are my sunshine, and I love you more than life itself.
Happy Birthday, big boy!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Little Coop Coop!!! BB loves you to the moon and back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill! That made me cry! My Carter will be 7 months tomorrow and as I was rocking him to sleep tonight, I caught myself tearing up because it's just going by TOOO fast!! You have 2 precious boys! -Megan (Saunders)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jill, I've been busy lately and am just getting caught up on blogging world! lol But I am facing the mixed emotions of my little Aiden fixing to be 10months old the end of this month which means I will be coming up on this post all too soon. I also sing Jesus Loves Me to him every night while I rock him to sleep!!! How wonderful it is!!

    ReplyDelete