Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Poop in the Tub

How is that for a title, Cecile Gray? :) Cecile Gray informed me that my blog titles could use a little work...I need to move beyond, "Fun Weekend", "Good Times", etc... I agree with her actually, so many good titles to come!

Last weekend was the most fun I have had in a long time. I met two of my dear friends in Nashville for a girls' weekend. We ate, laughed, talked, talked, and talked some more. There is just something about being with girls that lifts your spirits. I came back so refreshed and renewed. I took some pictures, but I took them with my mom's camera, and I don't have the cable to download them, so I will post them soon.

So what does "Poop in the Tub" have to do with all this? Well, while I was gone, Joel and Carter had a guys' weekend with just the two of them. Coop stayed with my parents. Joel was giving Carter a bath, and all of sudden he heard Carter making some sort of frantic sound. He looked over and yes, he found poop in the tub! Carter was frantic trying to dodge it. Ha! The funniest part of the whole ordeal was that Joel fished the poop out with Carter's toy fish net. Hahahahaha! I don't know why that cracked me up so much, but it did. I am usually the one who bathes the boys, and this has never happened to me. Well, actually when Carter was a baby I think he pooped once in the tub. But anyway, it the first time in a long time, and I think it's hysterical that it happend while I was out of town. Joel gets a gold star for handling it perfectly and laughing about it. Such funny memories.

So back to my getaway. Nancy and I are super super super close because we had our babies together, and have journeyed through motherhood together over the past two and half years talking several times a week and trying to figure all this parenting stuff out. You have no idea how that will bond two souls together. Cecile Gray has been with me through thick and thin. We were in the same Bible study in Memphis, and she was with me during my first teaching years, my first pregnancy, Carter's arrival and the upheaval of all the control I thought I had on my life. She was a true friend through it all, and we are forever close because of it. So all that to say, I was with two people that I love dearly and treasure as my friends. I am so sad they live so far away, but it made our time together so special. You know you are close to your friends when we all gather in same dressing room to try on clothes with no reservations at all when stripping down and trying on bras and bathing suits. We talked about everything under the sun, ate some yummy food, laughed, and only took one shower a piece the whole weekend. I love it.

I am so thankful to Joel for putting us up in Opryland Hotel and allowing me to have such a fun weekend. Love you, Joel, and so thankful for your selflessness!

Thanks, CG and Nancy, for being such good friends. Love you two! Couldn't make it without you :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!! I love a good girls' weekend! Sometimes it is much needed. I am happy that y'all had so much fun! Call me next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle- We mentioned a couple of times that we should have asked you to come along!! You would have had to share a bed with a pregnant lady though! (Nancy) And Jill- that was such a sweet toast! I love you so much too! And that weekend was epic in my book! Oh, and good title :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun!!! So thankful for a fun weekend with you two!

    ReplyDelete