Friday, November 18, 2011

Eight Thankfuls

This year I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. Here are a few of my top "thankfuls."
1. God's grace. This year I feel I have begun to give my burdens to God...big and small. I still take them back daily, but I am getting better at handing them back over. I am thankful for this progress in my trust in Him...that He truly is sovereign, and that all things are working for my good no matter how painful, inconvenient, or confusing. It's hard to always believe that, but my faith is growing.
2. My husband....my wise, hardworking husband. I have never trusted or respected anyone more.
3. Carter, my buddy. He has made so much progress this year with his speech and anxiety. I am thankful beyond thankful. God is so good.
4. Coop, my beautiful baby. I am thankful for his charm. No one makes me laugh like that little guy. What a gift he is.
5. My parents. I think everyone should have as great of parents as I do. They are the biggest servants I know, and I have never known anyone to love so sacrifically. I hope I make my boys feel at least half as loved as I feel.
6. True frienships. I am thankful for friends who love me for me. Listening ears, advice, love. You know who you are.
7. Oxford. I am thankful for such a wonderful, welcoming place to live. My friends, my house, my church....I love my community.
8. Staying home. I get to be at home with my boys. I am truly blessed to have this opportunity, and I often take it for granted when it gets tough.

Happy Thanksgiving Week! We all have so much to thank God for this week. I look forward to the celebration of His goodness.





No comments:

Post a Comment