"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
I just bought a new devotional book to start the new year called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. As I read the intro, she talked about the above verse and replaced "Be still" with "Relax," "Let go," and "Cease striving." Doesn't that sound inviting? I would LOVE to relax, let go, and cease striving. I am tired of striving, aren't you?
She encourages us to do this with God each day and to raise our sights from our "light and momentary troubles" and receive the balm of Jesus' peace. Even more inviting if you ask me! Especially if I have a hot cup of coffee in hand :)
I am excited about a new year, a new beginning, and a renewed excitement over my quiet times with my new book.
I'll let you know if it turns out to be a goodie :)
It is such a good book. I love it!
ReplyDeleteOhhh, I so love this! I 've been going through it for a couple of years--just starting over again! Super powerful to look up the Scriptures as you read the devotional part too! You'll love it!
ReplyDelete