Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just roll with it!

I have chosen my yearly bible verse. I am three days late, but oh well. I still have 362 days to put it into practice :)
Last year I chose Romans 12:1, "Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer yourselves as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship."

This was the perfect verse for me last year because I was (and still am) in a stage of life where I feel that the monotonous and menial tasks of life take up most of my time....you know, laundry, dishes, cleaning, wiping faces, hands, and bottoms :), walmart shopping, etc...
So in the midst of all those daily tasks I wanted to see myself as a living sacrifice...ready and willing to serve in view of God's mercy. Did I accomplish this? Yes and no. Depended on the day if I am honest. I am getting better though! And I pray that God continues to grow me in this area as I am not out the woods as far as wiping bottoms go. Hee Hee.

This year I chose Micah 5:4-5, "He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And he will be their peace."

The reason I chose this verse is because when life seems like it's filled with one inconvenience after another or when one of my children has a problem or when I can't seem to "get it all done/together," I tend to fret. I tend to stress. I tend to lose my peace waaaaay too easily.
Can you believe I actually read the phrase, "Do not fret" in the Psalms the other day. It's true! Psalm 37:1, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret...." Ha! Could this be more appropriate for those frazzled stay at home mom moments?!

So this year, I am praying that the Lord works Micah 5:4-5 in my heart. I want to allow Jesus to be my shepherd causing me to live securely in his majesty making HIM my peace.

In other words, this year I am going to roll with it!!!

I think Joel and my boys would greatly appreciate it if Mama would just roll with it :) Wish me Godspeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment