I wanted to share this with my mom friends. I have been hearing about this book here and there for about a year now, so I finally ordered it. GREAT PURCHASE! It is a Bible verse that corresponds with each letter of the alphabet and a devotional and prayer to go along with the verse/letter. For example, the first devotional is "A" the verse to go with it is "A soft answer turns away wrath." Each verse starts with the letter of the day. The devotionals are too long for my boys, so we just talk about the verse and what it means and apply it to little boy life.
So this is what we do. Each night before bed, (we just started this two weeks ago), we go over a new letter and try and memorize the verse and then afterwards, we review the former letters. We probably don't do a new letter each night because that would be too much, some nights we just review and talk about the ones we have already learned. Carter now knows verses A through H!...some of them abbreviated.
It's so simple and the best part is I am able to use the lesson throughout the day. For example, B is "Blessed are the peacemakers." So when one of my children hits or aggravates his brother, I am able to say, "Remember what the letter B stands for? It reminds us to be a peacemaker." Instant scripture application!
This has been so helpful to this mama.
If you have any helpful family worship resources, please share!
We love the Jesus Storybook Bible & is what we are currently finishing up in family worship. I'll tell Job about this book!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing! I was looking for something like this! Miss y'all!
ReplyDeleteLove this! Will have to get it. We've started using Long Story Short for family devotions, and all of us love it. It's a book we can use as an outline year after year and the discussion can get deeper and deeper as he grows.
ReplyDelete