Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of PreK and Swingin'

Today was a big day! Carter started PreK at Regents School of Oxford which a small classical, Christian school. He will go everyday from 8:00-12:00. I can't believe the lazy mornings are over. Saturday mornings are going to be coveted over here now! I haven't had to be somewhere at a certain time every day in five and a half years! I gotta get my tail in gear.

Mondays and Fridays are P.E. days, so he got to wear his P.E. uniform with his new "Ole Miss shoes" as he calls them. Perfect! Always helps make the first day go smoothly when you feel like you look super cool. 
He had a fantastic first day. Praise the Lord! You just never know how new adjustments will go, do you? But thankfully, he ran right in, hung his bag up, and didn't even tell my goodbye! When I picked him up, he was smiling from ear to ear. So thankful. Let me tell you, I had that baby covered in prayer from head to toe!

I asked him to tell me all about it when he got in the car, and he said, "I only want to tell you a few things, Mama, not everything. And I'll tell you when we get home, not right now." Haha! What a little stinker! I got a few things out of him in the car, but when we got home, he told me they learned about God, went to P.E. where they jumped rope with pretend jump ropes, his friend Bo from his school last year sits by him at his table, and that his favorite part of the day was playing Star Wars on the playground with Cooper and Henry. Oh and that he got a cookie for being so good. Way more detail than I expected! I'll take what I can get.

Coop, Emerson, and I didn't know what to do with ourselves, so we headed to the park for some swingin'. I think Coop liked the special attention, but I could tell he missed Carter and didn't quite know how to act without his sidekick.

I absolutely love this pic of Sister. She is going to have to be a trooper in the car as we go back and forth from two different schools over the next 10 months! I have no doubt she will do just fine. Sweet baby girl hardly ever makes a peep.

Here's to a great school year! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment